By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

sensebringer said:
pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:
Soundwave said:
160k for the biggest shopping week of the year for a new system with a $80 price reduction for the week + relatively new color + high-end game bundled + download code for another new game ... isn't good by basically any metric. Even the GameCube would be ashamed of itself for a Black Friday week like that.

But it's better than the "dead as heck" level the Vita is usually at.

Well, consider that 3DS sold 250k during the same week.

Did 3DS get any price-slashing game bundles?

Yes, Nintendo dropped its price by close to 50% last year and they have lots of bundles this year.

Wich bundles Nintendo made for the 3DS this year?

Mario Kart bundle, Super Mario land bundle, Professor Layton bundle and a bunch of others here in Europe and I imagine in USA aswel.

Around the Network
pezus said:
bananaking21 said:
Nsanity said:
mawaxid said:
So, PS3 sales probably around 800k worldwide, right?

Where are you getting the 800K from?

well considering vgchartz understrached it in NA by about 130k, add that to the numbers vgchartz did track and it will be about 800k

They are very likely off in the rest of the world catagory as well, considering it's up 200% YOY in Latin America...

most likley yes, considering that in the 4th they got 70 million shipped world wide and vgchartz data shows ps3 numbers at 69 million after black friday

Kenology said:
pezus said:
Soundwave said:
160k for the biggest shopping week of the year for a new system with a $80 price reduction for the week + relatively new color + high-end game bundled + download code for another new game ... isn't good by basically any metric. Even the GameCube would be ashamed of itself for a Black Friday week like that.

But it's better than the "dead as heck" level the Vita is usually at.

Well, consider that 3DS sold 250k during the same week.

Did 3DS get any price-slashing game bundles?

I think the 3DS got some bundles, but not 'price-slashing' ones.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Turkish said:
It happens everytime people. Every. Single. Time.

What does?

pezus said:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-flame-red-with-super-mario-3d-land/106172

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-red-new-super-mario-bros-2-bundle/104269

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-blue-with-mario-kart-7/106309

The only black friday bundle was the red+Mario 3D land for 169.99, though.

Mario Kart was revealed later (this week, actually)

And the other one is not a bundle, it's just the system + the game, both for MSRP price.

Around the Network

Interesting how off the numbers are. I wouldn't be surprised if they were higher than those "official" figures, even.

pezus said:
ZaneWane said:
was expecting better from vita since massive deals everywhere this month along with assassin creed and call of duty

Mmm I'm sure you were. After all, you're one of the positive people in regards to Vita

im actually quite impressed by his statement. i think this is the closest he's ever come to forming a complete sentence.

TRACK TRACK CITY, UNDER-TRACK TRACK CITY.

Back on topic, this news brings a tear of joy to my eye. Very happy for Sony. You guys at Microsoft and Nintendo were hogging all of the good sales news recently, this way everybody can enjoy a little slice of success :)

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

So 685K = 525K PS3 + 160K PSVITA........ So PSP = 0? Or am I missing something?

Congratulations Sony. that are some nice sales!