By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

Those are some really good PS3 numbers. It's quite amazing to see both the PS3 and 360 doing great after all these years.

Vita sales are bad though. I said 250k for 3DS was terrible in another thread because 250k is terrible for Black Friday. 160k is even more terrible. Even the Gamecube did way (way!) better. With all the bundles this could very well have been the biggest week for the Vita in the US. The 3DS did 160k in Japan last week - and that's without any holiday boost yet! That's how bad Vita numbers are. Granted, 3DS sales aren't a lot better. Not a great Black Friday for handhelds in the US.

Around the Network

Its hard to believe the PS3 did that good. Why did they wait so long to report this good news?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I would go easy on the vgchartz bashing, its hard to get numbers around this times. At least we know it will be adjusted. Great numbers btw

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
I would go easy on the vgchartz bashing, its hard to get numbers around this times. At least we know it will be adjusted. Great numbers btw

Seconded.  It is getting a bit out of hand.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen kowenicki, sales 2099, Argh_College or Proclus in here congratulating Sony's sales yet, that is strange. At least we've had man-bear-pig jumping the gun and calling these numbers fake and ZaneWane bashing the Vita, sigh.

Around the Network
psrock said:

People complain about VGChartz tracking, yet they still use their data.

bananaking21 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
vgchartz cant be thrusted in terms of sales IMO

yet there sales datas is why we are all here in the first place, kind of ironic huh?

I come here for discussion.. I stopped trusting or even checking their numbers long time ago.. 

Even for the BF week numbers they were accurate for MS & Nintendo which announced their numbers way back.. Sony didnt announce so they were not tracked well. They usually see past trends and continue with it.. So any sudden change is not tracked well by them.. Like the deals were announced.. So they anticipated that these deals didnt have lot of units, so they added a small bumps and thats it.. 

So i believe its a good place for discussion but for trusting the numbers its just like common sense.. 

Is amazon really popular in USA ?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Was Vita ever adjusted after we knew it was heavily overtracked?

If not, don't expect a massive upward adjustment anytime soon.

deskpro2k3 said:
VGKing said:
man-bear-pig said:
This is fake.

Yup. Unless a reliable site like IGN or GamesIndustry.biz get this "Sony email" then this is fake.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29/sony-reveals-playstation-3-vita-black-friday-sales

I'm pretty convinced its real now. Although that IGN article doesnt' mention a source.