By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

pezus said:

He only asked me for bundles, and I gave them to him. Yeah didn't notice the Mario Kart bundle release date. But the point is: There were 3DS bundles out there and they weren't "price-slashing" because they already price slashed significantly last year. Sony have not cut Vita's price yet. Are people so quick to forget?

They actually raised the price with the XL and it's selling more than the regular I believe, in japan, at least, way more... don't forget that too.

To me, that was a mistake, not releasing an XL bundle for black friday... that MK one is late to the party, imo.

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
So 685K = 525K PS3 + 160K PSVITA........ So PSP = 0? Or am I missing something?

They were probably so low they weren't worth including to spruce up the figures, in all honesty.  VGChartz has it at 12k for the week, even with a 100% margin for error (as with Vita), it would still only be 24k.

pezus said:
sensebringer said:
pezus said:
Kenology said:
pezus said:
Soundwave said:
160k for the biggest shopping week of the year for a new system with a $80 price reduction for the week + relatively new color + high-end game bundled + download code for another new game ... isn't good by basically any metric. Even the GameCube would be ashamed of itself for a Black Friday week like that.

But it's better than the "dead as heck" level the Vita is usually at.

Well, consider that 3DS sold 250k during the same week.

Did 3DS get any price-slashing game bundles?

Yes, Nintendo dropped its price by close to 50% last year and they have lots of bundles this year.

Wich bundles Nintendo made for the 3DS this year?

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-flame-red-with-super-mario-3d-land/106172

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-red-new-super-mario-bros-2-bundle/104269

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-blue-with-mario-kart-7/106309

Nintendo only had one bundle for the 3DS. You are wrong with the ther two.

Those are some nice numbers indeed.
At least they got 360 and wii right ;p

Great PS3 numbers! 160K Vita sold with Bundle game and $50 off. Such disappointing numbers. Maybe I expected bigger number because I own 2 Vitas and 10 games.

Around the Network

And on topic: I understand the reason to call the figures fake based on one source but people are so quick to judge these days. Take a breather and re-assess whether you need to downplay something so fast!

Anyway, not exactly 'impressive' for Vita but a step in the right direction nonetheless. Idk if those PS3 figures are good or not in all honesty because I haven't been following home consoles as much. Far less than 360 but up YoY? Seems alright at least.

Nsanity said:
bananaking21 said:
Nsanity said:
mawaxid said:
So, PS3 sales probably around 800k worldwide, right?

Where are you getting the 800K from?

well considering vgchartz understrached it in NA by about 130k, add that to the numbers vgchartz did track and it will be about 800k

So, its 800K according to VGChartz internal data?

Unless you think it sold less than 150k in Europe. 525k in US only, 35k in Japan. Just grab another 140k somewhere whether it be all of Europe and Asia and Latin America where Sony says it has experiences 200% increase YoY.

I am sure 800k is highly likely. Could be more, who knows?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
It happens everytime people. Every. Single. Time.

What does?

Undertrax

Vgchartz is so wrong again.

PS3 did really good. And even with all things considered, the Vita did really well too.