By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happened to PS3 exclusive sales in 2012?

Ocelot said:
To be fair all those games suck and nobody ever wanted them. Nobody above the age of 7 will want LBPK.

Yet grown men brag about LBP 1s metacritic to 360 fans :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

To which the Xbox fans dont care as their exlusives sell a shit ton more copies.

sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
VGKing said:
Look at those games you listed, those aren't popular by any means.

Twisted Metal - Reboot. It actually sold pretty well considering its a pretty niche genre.

Starhawk - New IP. and its a shooter. Had no chance. Hell even Killzone series which is extremely high quality has trouble selling against the Call of Duties.

PSABR - It's a 2D side-scroller fighting game. Were you expecting 1 million FW or what? For comparison, Street Fighter x Tekken did 119k FW. So I'd say PSABR is off to a good start.

LBPkarting - Another "core" Sony game being spun off to sell to little families. There isn't a big market for family games on PS3 especially not for new IPs.

Ever consider a career as a DJ?

I just love how you spin! :P

How is this spin? The OP explicitly asks why these games didn't sell. You have an odd definition of 'spin' if it means ansewering the OP. I don't agree with some of his explanations but he's doing exactly what the OP asks.

Anybody can justify anything if you look hard enough.

If these games all sold 1 million + im sure you guys would justify that too.

Just say: "Ya....we screwed up. We just didn't buy them". Is that too hard to ask? Just own up to it.

eh..."we just didn't buy them" would be the most obvious and useless response in the thread. Obviously people didn't buy them. I'm pretty sure the OP wants to know why.

sales2099 said:
Ocelot said:
To be fair all those games suck and nobody ever wanted them. Nobody above the age of 7 will want LBPK.

Yet grown men brag about LBP 1s metacritic to 360 fans :P

Because LBP is an awesome game

DirtyP2002 said:
One of the biggest myths this gen is that Sony has 'oh so awesome' first party support.
Sony has 3 successful franchises (Uncharted, God of War, GT) then there are games that are hyped up, but don't deliver (Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Sly, InFamous, LBPKarting, PSABR etc.) Nobody would talk about these games, if they weren't exclusive.

So the one and only reason is: These are not good games and they have no appeal at all.

How would you define critically and commercially successful? 

As far as I can see you either have an unreasonably strict definition or it's just ignorance.

Around the Network

I was so hyped for TM but the online is so broken I gave up.
LBP karting is absolutely fantastic but Sony won't market it. In the uk it's a crazy amount of wounded book adverts. More then any Sony game I have ever seen.
PSASBR is amazing. They need adverts

Ocelot said:

Um.. LBP karting is a fantastic game. I'm 22 and loving it. 

Psasbr is also very good and well made. Loving the too. 

Think your theory is very wrong