By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 24th November 2012 (Black Friday and Wii U week)

Jay520 said:
Even though I'm disappointed with the game, those are some great numbers for Hitman: Absolution. 1 million week one!

yeah good sales (not sure if this is good) are good and bad at once. if it is successful we will get more hitman games but it also shows the developer that they did everything right and won't change the formula back to the good old hitman style.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Jay520 said:
Even though I'm disappointed with the game, those are some great numbers for Hitman: Absolution. 1 million week one!

This is very bad for Hitman, Hitman is definitely dead.

Those are actually some good numbers. It's going to be one of the best selling installments in the series if these sales are anything to go by. Let's just hope they make a true Hitman game next time.

Also, where is Slimebeast? He said this game would flop.

Nintendo announces they sold 400K WiiU for the whole black friday week, and then we have the chart showing 448K, 48K more, DAFAQ?!

M$ announced they sold 750K 360, and we have on the charts that it sold 838K; 88K more, how is that possible? I dunno

But when Sony announces they sold 525K PS3, we have on the charts 447K, 78K less.

Judging by Sony numbers, VGchartz is taking the numbers to be sold to the stores, and not the customers. So the most this consoles could have sold is the amount the companies shipped which means 750K for the 360, 400K for the WiiU, 525K for the PS3 but we have in the charts that the first 2 consoles mentioned sold more than they shipped.

Is there something I am not taking into consideration?? If there is a logical reason for this can anyone care to explain?

Heavenly_King said:
Nintendo announces they sold 400K WiiU for the whole black friday week, and then we have the chart showing 448K, 48K more, DAFAQ?!

M$ announced they sold 750K 360, and we have on the charts that it sold 838K; 88K more, how is that possible? I dunno

But when Sony announces they sold 525K PS3, we have on the charts 447K, 78K less.

Judging by Sony numbers, VGchartz is taking the numbers to be sold to the stores, and not the customers. So the most this consoles could have sold is the amount the companies shipped which means 750K for the 360, 400K for the WiiU, 525K for the PS3 but we have in the charts that the first 2 consoles mentioned sold more than they shipped.

Is there something I am not taking into consideration?? If there is a logical reason for this can anyone care to explain?

Yeap... there are more 110k adjustment for PS3 in the previous week.

ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:

Yeap... there are more 110k adjustment for PS3 in the previous week.

so you are saying the PS3 should have higher numbers in the chart?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Aerys said:
Jay520 said:

Those are actually some good numbers. It's going to be one of the best selling installments in the series if these sales are anything to go by. Let's just hope they make a true Hitman game next time.

Good numbers for this false hitman are really bad for the futur of hitman.

Hitman 6 is going to be worst unfortunetaly regarding to these artwork, not anymore hitman, just hitmax payne  : http://www.gamekyo.com/newsfr49706_hitman-6-deja-les-premiers-artworks.html

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Jay520 said:
Aerys said:
Jay520 said:

Good numbers for this false hitman are really bad for the futur of hitman.

Hitman 6 is going to be worst unfortunetaly regarding to these artwork, not anymore hitman, just hitmax payne  : http://www.gamekyo.com/newsfr49706_hitman-6-deja-les-premiers-artworks.html

Oh I thought you were saying the sales were low. You could be right. Hitman as we once loved it may be dead.

Heavenly_King said:

I'm confused about the PS3 numbers as well, but concerning the WiiU and 360 numbers please don't forget that the USA does not equal NA. Those additional sales were gained in Canada and Latin America.

Aerys said:
VGKing said:
pezus said:

Uncharted 2 will be at 6m in 1-2 weeks, Uncharted 3 managed 5m this week. Franchise is rapidly expanding.

FIFA 13 PS3 at 5m in 2 weeks.

AC3: Liberation is at 324k already. Looks like a definite million-seller.

Kinect Star Wars reached a million this week!

BF3 PS3 reached 6m!

PSV version of Playstation All-Stars sold 40k! About what I expected, considering you get it free with the PS3 version.

Forza Horizon sold 55k this week. Slightly up on last week.

RE6 PS3 is over 2m...interesting (happened last week)

Black Ops II sells 90k on Wii U. Significantly less than the Vita game that has around 30 on metacritic. (Declassified sold 80k this week!)

ZombiU is the only 3rd party Wii U game to sell over 100k so far (107k)

When VgChartz adjusted Vita HW up, did they also do the same for the bundled games? If not then both AC and Declassified are undertracked.

Wait for Ubisoft and Activision numbers

Wut? Last I heard publishers rarely release sales figures for their games. 

This whole thing is a mess, it usually is, but this year is worse. I know that if they make an statement for every adjust they make that would probably damage their credibility, mostly because there is more than one every month.

But this, should deserve certain clarification from the staff. I'm not questioning their numbers nor calling them biased. What makes this site different is that our discussions are believed to be more elaborated because we base our arguments in these numbers. If we do not have certainty of the numbers, and we rely only on NPD, MC/Famitsu, and numbers released by the Investor's reports of Nintendo, MS, or Sony, then it doesn't make this site any special.

If it weren't for the weekly report of ethomaz most of us probably wouldn't even notice the adjustments. Maybe I'm just tired, but I felt like saying that.