By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 24th November 2012 (Black Friday and Wii U week)

VGZ November PS3 sales are 715k. Last year PS3 did 936k in November NPD.

Around the Network

Will NPD have adjustment for game sales?

D-Joe said:
So what's the US Nov 2012 in VGC?

PS3 ~1.68m
360 ~1.97m

Edit - Sorry I did WW numbers.

ethomaz said:

ADJUSTMENTS IN PREVIOUS WEEKS

* that all cumulative adjustments made before Week Nov 17th 2012. *

CONSOLE ADJUSTMENT
3DS -65377
PS3 144049
360 95107
WII 48025
DS 38418
PSP 322
PSV 25990

What changed from my early calc? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4923017

PS3 up 110k and Vita up 25k.

Why?

I guess ioi splited the Sony data between the last week and this week numbers... so the overall adjustments match the Black Friday week sales reported by Sony.

Conclusion?

PS3 and 360 are selling with less than 100k different this holiday. 

Still shows incorrect numbers for the week on the main page and that alone hinders discussion because you are going to constantly have people bringing up front page numbers and others needing to continously correct them with links to the actual numbers... If this is truly the case, he did himself no favors here. Even more so since that same main page even has a news article with the official numbers that directly contradict the numbers they are displaying.

Should have just done the right thing and made it match the official numbers like they did for Nintendo and Microsoft.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

shanbcn said:

936k was Dec NPD,Nov NPD was 901k

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:

As I figured would happen, I just didn't expect them to be as close as they are, particularly on Black Friday week. It was the Halo 4 + CoD combo vs Sony's advertising (can't believe I'm able to praise that, ), the bundles, and, of course, the Slim model. At this point, the PS3 will be the second place console in 2013 for the 7th gen (yeah, much to brag about, right ).

Even crazier; the Uncharted franchise is about to pass the Gears IP in sales. I never thought that would happen.

?

I know you wouldnt just say that.  But going by the numbers on here its a while to go yet.

3 Gears games at 18.16m

4 Uncharted at 15.82m

The gears franchise has shipped 19m since september of this year.. think vgchartz is a bit over on that one

Recent adjustment for PS3 brought it up to 750000 worldwide, only 230000 behind Xbox in one of the biggest weeks of the year! Good

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:

As I figured would happen, I just didn't expect them to be as close as they are, particularly on Black Friday week. It was the Halo 4 + CoD combo vs Sony's advertising (can't believe I'm able to praise that, ), the bundles, and, of course, the Slim model. At this point, the PS3 will be the second place console in 2013 for the 7th gen (yeah, much to brag about, right ).

Even crazier; the Uncharted franchise is about to pass the Gears IP in sales. I never thought that would happen.

?

I know you wouldnt just say that.  But going by the numbers on here its a while to go yet.

3 Gears games at 18.16m

4 Uncharted at 15.82m

The gears franchise has shipped 19m since september of this year.. think vgchartz is a bit over on that one

Not to mention Sony announced the Uncharted franchise has shipped 17.3M back in April, which is long before they started bundling Uncharted 3 and the Uncharted bundle pack for the holidays.

I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted as a franchise isn't undertracked.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250088/sony-uncharted-franchise-has-sold-1732-million-units/

Here is the Gears announcement by the way.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/07/gears-of-war-franchise-has-surpassed-19-million-sales/

So with these we know that Uncharted was 1.7M behind Gears with 5+ months less of shipments. I would say it is pretty safe to assume it's caught up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

D-Joe said:
shanbcn said:

936k was Dec NPD,Nov NPD was 901k

I think Sony will match that figure or even pass it. Otheriwse 715k in November isnt good enough when 360 must likely will sell 1.25m.

Wait 1 more week then