By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS surpasses Gamecube lifetime sales

great! the GC was an awesome cube that should have sold more but sadly did not. next is the N64!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Red4ADevil said:
I remember a few years back, (I think around 08) VGC was still tracking the GCN and they reported that the console was still selling like at around 18K units.

I remember when they'd track it in Japan. It was selling like 4 consoles a week :P

Hey.....what can you can you say but....GO GAMECUBE!

jonnybmk said:
Weird symmetry in that the Vita will never pass the Dreamcast sales.

Lol, this isn't even remotely relevant. Did the Vita rape your family or something?

wow. That's incredible.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

jonnybmk said:
Salnax said:
jonnybmk said:
Weird symmetry in that the Vita will never pass the Dreamcast sales.

Stupid Question: can you say something positive about the VIta? Just for once. I mean, I know I'm not one to talk, but it seems like trashing the Vita is all you do. No offense.

I cannot.

I will never forget this article published on October 22 2011: http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

That's right; it's been over a year and I haven't forgotten, nor will I ever.

ahaha, I didnt remember that article. Good writing skills, awful future predicting skills!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

isn't GC software destroying 3DS software though?

That IGN article.... Haha! Anyways... How's the 3DS DS difference now? Is the 3DS ahead still?

It's almost hard to remember how the Ps2 nearly had a monopoly when it came to the last generation of consoles. Not saying that the Ps2 wasn't a great console, because it was. But the gamecube and Xbox certainly deserved much more sales than it received.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I was to young during the GC's gen to follow it's sales (was around 13years old). But I loved the system. It's only today that I realise how crappy it sold :( I guess it's ugly lunch box look was a factor. That thing looked like a fisher surprise toy.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Isn't the 3DS close to PS3's LTD in Japan?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)