By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs Xbox360! Which system does Assassin's Creed 3 justice?!

On which system does Assassin's Creed look best?

Xbox360 of course! 55 23.21%

The Wii U really DOES have better graphics!! 120 50.63%

I'm a-gonna say PS3, eve... 61 25.74%

Total:236
ethomaz said:

dahuman said:

To be more precious, it's the smoke effect that becomes even more apparent in the rain, especially during night races.

nothing like racing at night on that awesome fireworks track in the rain that makes me go "WTF is this shit?" on my playseat with my good ol' G27. 5 years to make it, another year to add in simple cockpits, fix this shit please? Oh wait, not enough power, oops.

That's not a issue I guess... when you drive in the rain the cars create a smoke effect... it's like real life.

So you are blind to how shitty it looks? The power of Teh Cell and it's awesome RSX can filter out bad graphics by mind control confirmed!

Around the Network

I don't understand how crushed blacks, over-saturated colors, and high gamma constitutes good graphics. 360 versions of multiplat games have been doing this for years, and I can't believe people aren't smart enough (even on this site) to understand what they're looking at.

To be more concise, the 360 version looks like a Vegas street hooker, while the WiiU and PS3 versions look like the girl next door.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
I don't understand how crushed blacks, over-saturated colors, and high gamma constitutes good graphics. 360 versions of multiplat games have been doing this for years, and I can't believe people aren't smart enough (even on this site) to understand what they're looking at.

To be more concise, the 360 version looks like a Vegas street hooker, while the WiiU and PS3 versions look like the girl next door.

In this case, the PS3's gamma, colour saturation and contrast is similar to the 360's. I agree completely though.

brendude13 said:
adriane23 said:

In this case, the PS3's gamma, colour saturation and contrast is similar to the 360's. I agree completely though.

You're right, I just looked at all the comparison pictures from Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I would say there is no discernible difference. But probably PC would beat all of them, it's a sad truth.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
DanneSandin said:
brendude13 said:

How hard is it to keep the bloody contrast and gamma consistent across all systems? That pisses me off so much. Xbox 360 and PS3 versions have crushed blacks, Wii U version is slightly washed out. Overall, I prefer the look of the Wii U version though.

Especially in this shot:

Yeah, I think this says it all! The washed out version on Wii U makes it easier to see dark areas...

In that shot I'd say the Wii U gamma and contrast is spot on, unless that scene in set in a cave or something. In the PS360 versions, the colour saturation is too high too, it's looks like they're wearing very bad fake tan.

Yeah, I actually prefer the washed out Wii U look instead of that... Awful xbox look =/

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

CGI-Quality said:
mysticwolf said:
I would say there is no discernible difference. But probably PC would beat all of them, it's a sad truth.

Why is it sad?

because it doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash