By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: Surge in Windows Phones.

kowenicki said:
JayWood2010 said:
kowenicki said:
JayWood2010 said:
Glad to hear that. I love my windows phone and I don't see myself going any differently in the coming years.

what ya got?  I have a nokia 920 on its way in the new year.

I got my last year.  It was the best on the market at the time but I don't think it was very succesful.  HTC Titan

And the Nokia 920 looks real nice.  All of my family wants a windows phone now after messing with mine.  My sister is actually buying the HTC Windows 8x.  i don't know how that compares to the 920 though

I think it compares well. i looked at that too.

Yeah she was asking my opinion on it the other day whether she should get it or the 920.  she went with the 8x as far as I know though so Ill ask her what she thinks of it sometime.

Around the Network
Coca-Cola said:
love my nokia 900.
looking forward to upgrading it to the 920 next year.
I've entered bing rewards sweepstakes to win the htc windows phone.
haven't checked out the samsung phone yet but so far Nokia 920 seem to be the best choice for windows phone.

I still meet people that have never heard of windows phone. They all love the look of nokia though

Wow, the Lumia 900 was released less than 8 months ago, and already you've decided to replace it with a new 800$ phone?

In case you're the gold-shitting donkey from the Brothers Grimm tale, please come over to my place!

4 times the sales.... of what 4 overall in the beginning? I hate when PR firms use things like "n times" or "% increase"... I want raw numbers.

WinPhone was selling like real crap. After all, they were barely 1% of the entire market previously. So a "4 times" increase is what... 2% of the market? While I'm sure any uptick is good for the company and frankly their new commercials are really done well. But until I see them hitting 10% of the market... they are still dead.

I'm just waiting for Tmobil to get the Nokia one. I have the HTC Windows 7 one, and it's nice, but I think Nokia would be a little more reliable.

I know people love to hate him, but I think Balmer has some excellent incite and will lead Microsoft in a innovative way. They spend so much on research - and sometimes it can pay off.

While giving up much power, resolution and lag timing with the current version of Kinect, it seems to have been the smart decision to keep it on the 360 and not a whole new console. I just wish they had included the 2nd processor so it was a bit sharper - but it mostly works for what it is supposed to do. I played 'Happy Action Theatre' and 'I am Super' with the little nephews and they loved it.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

kowenicki said:
superchunk said:
4 times the sales.... of what 4 overall in the beginning? I hate when PR firms use things like "n times" or "% increase"... I want raw numbers.

WinPhone was selling like real crap. After all, they were barely 1% of the entire market previously. So a "4 times" increase is what... 2% of the market? While I'm sure any uptick is good for the company and frankly their new commercials are really done well. But until I see them hitting 10% of the market... they are still dead.

1 x 4 = 2

great schooling.

1% OF THE WHOLE MARKET!!! It didnt' say they grew 4x of marketshare.... just selling 4x the number of phones. But that would not be directly equal to full market share.

great schooling.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

They had about 1.2% market share.   Lets say the market has grown a bit, then I'd say a 4 x increase would be at least 3.5 to 4%.  Its a good start and I full eepxect 10% in the next 2 years easily.

3% makes sense. But if it takes them two more years to get to 10%? Then Nokia better broaden their OS choices with Android soon. I'd say they need to hit 10% in 2013 to be relevent or be considered a success to MS or any of its partners/carriers. Just my opinion, but with Apple and Android dominating so much, MS really needs to be aggressive to gain a foothold otherwise, I'd see carriers dropping them. Kinda why Verizon has only ever carried one WP and Verizon is the single largest market in US.... the single largest market overall.

ArnoldRimmer said:
Coca-Cola said:
love my nokia 900.
looking forward to upgrading it to the 920 next year.
I've entered bing rewards sweepstakes to win the htc windows phone.
haven't checked out the samsung phone yet but so far Nokia 920 seem to be the best choice for windows phone.

I still meet people that have never heard of windows phone. They all love the look of nokia though

Wow, the Lumia 900 was released less than 8 months ago, and already you've decided to replace it with a new 800$ phone?

In case you're the gold-shitting donkey from the Brothers Grimm tale, please come over to my place!

I have 4 phones on my family plan.  My kids don't need a new phone or i can give him my 900.  cross upgrade for $99 for 920 is not bad.

i can also sell my 900 on ebay for around $300.