By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 finally coming to 360 ?

kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Its not going to happen. They'll have to recode the entire game, compress 50gig in god knows how many disc. remove the ps3 controller that controls the Mk.II robot. remove audio from certain scene such as when otacon accidentally tells snake to swap disc on the ps1..(how many scenes will otacon tell snake to swap disc if it was on the 360?) and they'll have to remove the ps3 system that is in the kitchen in the nomad airplane. Also maybe the features in the game that uses the pressure sensitive face buttons. Not sure if 360 controllers have that.

sorry about spoilers

i'm surprised at some people... and not in a good way

"recode the entire game" Nah, just port it to the Fox engine and it's ready to ship.

"compress 50gig in god knows how many disc" It had redundant data to reduce slow read times because the PS3 BR drive is so slow. Throw out the redundant junk, compress the rest and you have a two or three disc game at the most.

"remove the ps3 controller that controls the Mk.II robot" Easy

"remove audio from certain scene" Easy

"remove the ps3 system" Easy

"pressure sensitive face buttons" They did it for the HD collection.

You have my sympathy If all game developers was like you.

edit: thank goodness the talented ones are not.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Sense, this post makes none.

OT: that is some pro photoshop smudge tool work on the boxart 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:

common sense is so rare around here.. I'm now convinced its  a super power.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Xbox 360 debunked by Konami

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/28/metal-gear-solid-4-listed-for-xbox-360-by-retailer-pack-art-revealed/

/end thread

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Farsala said:
Sometimes I do not understand how it can be over 50 GB. If it came to PC and you full installed it, it would be impossible to be 50 Gb. 10 at the most. Then again I am not understanding of technology at all lol.

It's not 50 GB, it's around 27 GB. It could be way less than that. Because of the size of Blu-rays, devs simply don't care too much about disk usage in PS3 exclusives, including less compressed audio, more duplicated data, extras (making-offs, etc) and so on. The newer FF are bigger on PS3 version than X360. It's the same game, the same assets, but less compressed videos and audio. 

I'd say a quarter of the disc's 50GB was used for the now retired MGO. The actual Metal Gear Solid 4 game itself wasn't 50GB. I think it was anywhere between 15-20GB, for MGO, but, I really don't remember. But, if I wanted a PS3 for MGS4 back in 2008, I wouldn't care about it anymore in 2013, or would have gotten a PS3 before 2013...

Around the Network

http://n4g.com/news/1128724/konami-confirms-metal-gear-solid-4-25th-anniversary-edition-is-ps3-exclusive

sorry :)

Attoyou said:
But how are they gonna get all that power to run on 360? its obvious no 360 game could ever look or play that good.

You are kidding right?

It aint happening, and were cool with that.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

MonstaMack said:
I would buy it on the 360. But how big is it again? 50 gigs? I think the new 360 discs are only 8 gigs. So in It'ts current state thats like 6 .5 discs... lol.

My guess is they could compress the audio and lower the CGI like in FFX13 where the cutscenes were slightly less pretty and fit it onto 3 discs.

does not mean anything - they could have just bloated the br as kind of "copy-protection". i don't see why this game would need so much data in comparison to other games.

edit: oh, just read of the fmv's - this is soooo 90's....

deskpro2k3 said:
zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:

common sense is so rare around here.. I'm now convinced its  a super power.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Xbox 360 debunked by Konami

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/28/metal-gear-solid-4-listed-for-xbox-360-by-retailer-pack-art-revealed/

/end thread