By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony launching a new 3G Vita bundle: INSTANT GAME COLLECTION

leo-j said:

explain Need for speed most wanted.. and Uncharted golden abyss..

I'm not sure what you want me to explain? I don't really know anything about the Need for speed series; UGA is quite good but they would have had to make sacrifices to make it fit onto 3.5gigs and it shows imo.

Around the Network

Sony I really like you guys but... WTF? It seems you purposely want to fail.

Most people want LOW price not value. If people buy a stripped/naked Vita without a game/mem card, WHATEVER! They will need to buy them eventually...

And this bundle is not good value either. It's a trap to make people buy a new Memory Card. 4GB is not nearly enough for PS+. I own a 16GB card and I'm out of space already. And no one cares about Unit 13.

whatever... i'm waiting on my black friday's PSVita bundle including a white PSVita+Assassin's Creed liberation+3 months PS plus+ 4g memory card and a voucher for Playstation All stars battle royale for only 179.99 to arrive from amazon;)

now ppl thats a deal..

but in all fairness, i can't deny that i will have to buy a 32 gb memory card to actually enjoy the goods from playstation plus.

superchunk said:
Bad idea.

They should have lowered the prices, not increased the value.

I don't think this will be the desired end result.

The bundle for $179 was a far better option.

I agree. But to be honest, with this "$99 in savings", the Memory Card is all that really costs them money. The rest is just a subscription to their service, and a voucher for a game of their own (cost = null).

The other bundle was great, but they were definitely losing a lot of money with it.

While the nerdiest nerds will recognize this pack's value, it won't significantly speed up the process of discontinuing the 3G Vita...

EDIT: Including a 4GB MC when those games weigh (on average) 2GB is just retarded.

Around the Network

Unit 13 and just one of the big PS+ games (Uncharted, Gravity Rush, etc.) would take up most of the 4GB one. You'd practically HAVE to get a new, bigger card to take advantage of both offers--and even if you just stick with PS+, you're pretty much shit out of luck with more than 2 big retail releases.

If they'd just added internal memory or let you use MicroSD cards, this wouldn't be an issue. But noooooooo....

The price is the problem.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

S.Peelman said:

When are they going to realize that it is the price that's the obstacle here. Seriously, they can give away 10 games if they want, but as long as that big tag underneath the thing says "$300" people are going to pass.

Price is the first thing everyone is going to look at; too high? No buy! And people move along to the 3DS stands without looking further.

Yup. I remember the pspgo +10 free games. No one really bothered buying it.

Horrible bundle. No retail game included. Only Unit 12 voucher which will fill up your 4gig memory card. Forget about the PS+ Instant Game Collection...you need a bigger memory card.

This seems to be an online only deal, so the consumer would be more informed that your average Walmart shopper. Don't expect any sort of sales boost from this......

Would be tempting if they include a 16 or 32GB card.

What people want is Xperia Play + PS Vita w/32GB for $249.99 subsidized (with a contract).

Take the power of the PS Vita, combined with the telephony capabilities of the Xperia Play. The ability to play PS Vita games, PSP games, and Android games. The availability of Android apps. Multiple carriers. Two thumb sticks. Two shoulder buttons and two trigger buttons. The ability to get all their current digital games on the new device, a way to play old UMD-based games, and a easy means to transfer licenses from one device to another.

Create a service provided by Best Buy or GameStop where a customer brings in their UMD-based game, gets it digitally transferred and keyed to their account and device, then they take possession of and destroy the disc. In the process the user also gets a digital license for the game so in the future they can download it again if anything happens to it.

Simple.