By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation All-Stars Is No Super Smash Bros. Brawl, It’s Better

As a huge Sony fan, I disagree. All stars is some good fun, and I am really excited about how the franchise will change up and improve with sequels. However, nothing, NOTHING, will ever surpass my super smash bros.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
F0X said:

Some basis. In reality, SSB is not meant to be about practiced combos or anything but bringing out the ab-lib nature of fighting (Sakurai has said as much). So articles like this tells me that he's doing a good job of flaunting fighting game convention. Those who want something else can go play a less interesting fighting game like PSABR.

That's the thing, it isn't one or the other. I can't judge PSABR because I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, but if you find it uninteresting because of balance, then what about a balanced game that is also interesting?

If two new players pick up the controller, one picks metaknight the other link, odds are that one is going to have less fun in losing all the time.

I'm not speaking specifically of balance, but your assumption that Meta Knight is so overpowered that he's an instant win even to a novice is ridiculous. Ultimately this is the kind of thing that has a much bigger impact on high-level competitive play than anything else. As for why I think PSABR is less interesting, it's because it caters more towards a small minority I'm not a part of. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy it as something similar to SSB, but it doesn't appeal to me as much. A whole different philosophy is at play.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

This thread will only stir the pot.

Cause clearly:
- Sony fans will like their tweaked clone.
- NIntendo fans will like their smash.

In anycase 95% of those people will never play both, so they won't have a genuine comparission. And even majority of the 5% who do play both, will still side with their console of choice.

Cobretti2 said:
This thread will only stir the pot.

Cause clearly:
- Sony fans will like their tweaked clone.
- NIntendo fans will like their smash.

In anycase 95% of those people will never play both, so they won't have a genuine comparission. And even majority of the 5% who do play both, will still side with their console of choice.

I'm pretty sure 95% of the peoiple in question have already played some form of Smash Bros.

I must admit that the one thing PSAS is lacking is excitement. Does anybody remember how Nintendo set up Smash? I was young and remember seeing a commercial of Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi, and im not sure if Link was in it or not, and they're skipping thru a meadow, next thing you know they're kicking the crap out of each other! From that point on I was sold. From the moment PSAS was announced there was nothing about it that really caught my interest. None of the characters match and even if it isn't, it comes off as a copy cat of Smash. Even Mario and Sonic at the olympics did well to build excitement for itself.

Games are fun.

Around the Network

arguments aside it's a good effort in the genre for the sony side to play,is that fair

Above & Beyond

This is like comparing Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition to Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3............ how the fuck do you even compare them?

dahuman said:
This is like comparing Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition to Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3............ how the fuck do you even compare them?

but, but....2D fighting games!  They must be a clone of one another! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
dahuman said:

but, but....2D fighting games!  They must be a clone of one another! 

You know, for some reason, after reading your reply, I started thinking about Riverside City Randsom just now, because a lot of those spin offs are actually fighting games, like the gym series, the olympics series, even their dodge ball series are all pretty much fighting games. Then all of a sudden, Power Stone 2 popped in my head and the universe just blew the fuck up, where the fuck is my Power Stone 3!?!?!?! Power Stone is the fucking shit!

dahuman said:

You don't. Contrasting them is a much quicker way to find out what is different, and therefore what isn't.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero