By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 Outsells All 2012 PS3 Exclusives Combined (70+ Metacritic)

babuks said:
Carl2291 said:
One Piece is missing from the PS3 list. Its the biggest PS3 exclusive of the Year with ~900k sold in Japan.

Im curious - What were the highest 360 exclusives before Halo? Kinect Star Wars?

LOL, don't start on that topic, let Microsoft fans be happy with one exclusive a year.

Stop trolling. There are plenty of 360 exclusives that aren't Halo.

Around the Network

Carl2291 said:

Stop trolling. There are plenty of 360 exclusives that aren't Halo.

I agree... Forza, Fable and Gears.

BenVTrigger said:
Not sure which is crazier

Halos amazing sales.

Or that Sony fans are adding heaps of tiny games together to somehow pass Halo.

Well excuse us crazy Sony fans for making the thread accurate...

Sal.Paradise said:
BenVTrigger said:
Not sure which is crazier

Halos amazing sales.

Or that Sony fans are adding heaps of tiny games together to somehow pass Halo.

Well excuse us crazy Sony fans for making the thread accurate...

Im not bashing here or anything.  Im just saying the more obscure games added to the list to pass Halo the worse it actually looks.  The fact that one game sells on par with that massive list is just insane.  

Its been a very weak year for exclusive Sony sales though but I expect next year will be much hetter

KylieDog said:
There is a crapload of games not listed in OP.

I said in the OP that it used games with a meta over 70 to filter out shovelware.I included One Piece because even though its below 70 it did sell almost a million, so its pretty popular.

So has it come to this? Were now going to include PS3 exclusive shovelware to disprove this thread???

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Yep. One Piece: Pirate Mosou sold 960k so far. Number 51 in the Yearly chart.

Interestingly... Before Halo released, Kinect Star Wars was indeed the highest selling 360 exclusive this Year. Sitting at 970k.

Best stat there is to debate Software?

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2012/Global/

Look there.

360 2012 SW - 98.5 Million
PS3 2012 SW - 98 Million

~11 Million units of 360 Software has come from 2 games in 2 Weeks. Halo and CoD are huge. Blops 2 on PS3 sold more on launch Week than Halo 4 did in 2 Weeks. Really is huge.

all very interesting but completely irrelevant

Sony fans usually welcome exclusives discussions. why so shy now?

What is exactly irrelevant? If we're talking about exclusives, the author does not list all of them. His thread title is misleading. 

On another note, congrats to Halo 4. It's a shame about its metacritic rating though.

sales2099 said:

I said in the OP that it used games with a meta over 70 to filter out shovelware.I included One Piece because even though its below 70 it did sell almost a million, so its pretty popular.

So has it come to this? Were now going to include PS3 exclusive shovelware to disprove this thread???

You said you'd do it in the OP right? So yeh! 'Shovelware' like Tales of Xillia 2 et al, please.

The total so far can be found in this post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4920010 I calculated 5.33m for PS3 but you should double check. 

BenVTrigger said:

The fact that one game sells on par with that massive list is just insane.  

Its been a very weak year for exclusive Sony sales though but I expect next year will be much hetter

Agreed!

amazing numbers for Halo 4, but was this thread really needed? it feels as if it was just made just to sneer a PS3 owners. also we all should be very wary about using metacritic for our judgement when it comes to standardizing a game; ironically we use Halo 4 for an example as it would've been probably a 92-94 if it wasn't for the 20/100 review.

not taking anything away from Halo and would've gotten it myself if my 360 wasn't broken, but Halo is MS flagship title during a gen where it has been more "shooter-centric", I don't think we'd be having this thread if a GT, Uncharted, God of war, KZ, Infamous, LBP had released this year. would they have given Halo a run for its money? probably not(well maybe GT)

Tigerlure said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Yep. One Piece: Pirate Mosou sold 960k so far. Number 51 in the Yearly chart.

Interestingly... Before Halo released, Kinect Star Wars was indeed the highest selling 360 exclusive this Year. Sitting at 970k.

Best stat there is to debate Software?

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2012/Global/

Look there.

360 2012 SW - 98.5 Million
PS3 2012 SW - 98 Million

~11 Million units of 360 Software has come from 2 games in 2 Weeks. Halo and CoD are huge. Blops 2 on PS3 sold more on launch Week than Halo 4 did in 2 Weeks. Really is huge.

all very interesting but completely irrelevant

Sony fans usually welcome exclusives discussions. why so shy now?

What is exactly irrelevant? If we're talking about exclusives, the author does not list all of them. His thread title is misleading. 

On another note, congrats to Halo 4. It's a shame about its metacritic rating though.

I specified in the thread that it was 70 and up metas to filter out shovelware.

I can make a seperate list of PS3 shovelware if you like?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

KylieDog said:
sales2099 said:
KylieDog said:
There is a crapload of games not listed in OP.

You know what high quality games are missing, is being pathetic.

Whoa now, if its above 70, im including it. I will include Battle Royale and Ratchet when the data is available.