By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 Outsells All 2012 PS3 Exclusives Combined (70+ Metacritic)

A very interesting fun-fact. Seeing these software trends is fascinating, especially this late in the gen.

Iv'e only included games over 70 on metacritic to only showcase quality offerings.

EDIT: The Sony camp has requested I also include games rated below 70. So be it. We shall see if Halo 4 can outsell that as well :) This thread just became a lot more interesting!

Halo 4 - 4.55 million

PS3 Exclusives (70+ on Metacritic)

Okami HD - 0.08

Jak and Daxter Collection - 0.31

Ratchet and Clank Collection - 0.13

MLB 12: The Show - 0.79

Twisted Metal - 0.57

Starhawk - 0.18

Sorcery - 0.12

Tales of Graces (2012 Sales) - 0.31

House of the Dead 4 - 0.05

Tokyo Jungle - 0.23

LBP Karting - 0.13

Playstation All Stars BR - N/A

Ratchet and Clank: FFA - N/A

God of War Saga - 0.11

Wonderbook - N/A

Total: 3.1 million

PS3 Exclusive s (sub 70 on Metacritic)

One Piece Pirate Musou - 0.96

Tales of Xillia 2: 0.4
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012: 0.14
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012: 0.18
Atelier Ayesha: 0.11
Kidou Senshi Gundam UC: 0.09
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires: 0.08
Yakuza HD: 0.07
Mugen Souls: 0.09
Atelier Meruru: 0.02
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory: 0.05
Tokitowa: 0.04

Total: 2.23 million

Grand Total (27 games): 5.33 million

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

So?

In terms of cost to Sony/M$, Halo 4 will have cost more than all of them combined

And overall software sales matter just as much, I guess they do favour 360 over PS3

Well, you are forgetting that Halo is a huge franchise. Also, you haven't included God of War Saga and don't forget the upcoming PSASBR.

Okami should not be on the list since it is not an exclusive and not released on disc in the west

lol reminds me of the NSMB VS Vita thread

Around the Network
Ucell said:
Well, you are forgetting that Halo is a huge franchise. Also, you haven't included God of War Saga and don't forget the upcoming PSASBR.

God of War Saga a 2012 offering? If so then ill add it.

Battle Royale and Ratchet and clank will be added when data is available.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

yep, 2012 was a horrible year for PS3 exclusives.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Munkeh111 said:
So?

In terms of cost to Sony/M$, Halo 4 will have cost more than all of them combined

And overall software sales matter just as much, I guess they do favour 360 over PS3

I doubt that. Many of these games had a semi high budget. Not to mention salaries for all the employees for each game that probably took 1-2 years to make.

Believe in the power of Wonderbook book of spells!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Another interesting fact Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 so far earned $593 million worldwide gross.

Making it 81st all time money earner.