By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam hits 6 million concurrent users

When I boot up my computer it automatically signs in. IF they count those then it doesn't mean anything but if 6 million people were playing games at the same time then it is very good.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Steam is great. It does log me in automatically though whenever I boot up my laptop.

You can change that: View>Settings>Interface Uncheck "Run Steam when my computer starts"

Scoobes said:
Kresnik said:
Steam is great. It does log me in automatically though whenever I boot up my laptop.

You can change that: View>Settings>Interface Uncheck "Run Steam when my computer starts"

Cheers for the heads up man :)  But it doesn't really bother me, occassionally one of my steam friends pops up to talk to me who I haven't spoken to in a while.

I was meaning more that it might be the case for other people like me who are just browsing the web but automatically logged into steam.  I mean, I suppose they're still 'concurrent users' but they're not actually actively doing anything with it.

Cub said:
I am glad steam is coming to Linux, maybe this will bring better graphics card support with it.

Cool. I built a linux entertainment PC last year on an old mini computer to put under the TV to watch lovefilm, Netflix etc.,

It handled the streaming far better than Windows 7 did considering the rather ancient hardware.

Couldn't believe Lovefilm switched to silverlight not long after defeating the whole purpose of the aim.

Now it's just my Blu-Ray player. I will install steam when it is out on linux - debian flavor.