By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The REAL Problem With Xbox Live (OPINION)

MB1025 said:
enditall727 said:
MB1025 said:
enditall727 said:
MB1025 said:
I hate the argument with the Apps. No one is buying an Xbox to watch Netflix as the number 1 reason to get it. Netflix is an app/service that Xbox Live Gold members get to use. So please stop using that baseless argument.

If Sony started charging for their online service will you pay it so you can play online? Because if you do you and everyone else who has complained over the years then become hypocrites.

Sony WON'T 

I wouldnt pay for that sh!t. I wouldn't pay for Nintendos online either if they pulled an MS and that's saying a lot because Ninty and Sony have the best games

MS will probably do L how PSN is now next gen if Sony can deliver with their online service

Why wouldn't Sony? No one is going to Nintendo to play the hardcore titles online just because it is free. People would have no choice but to pay. That is why Sony would do it.

Because PSN is still missing sh!t that live has. How many Active Live Gold subscription are there today? I think I remover it be at like 20-40 million a few years back. How much has that grown since then?

40 million was the last number I saw. That is over half their user base paying for the service. Until that number falls to around 30 percent MS has nothing to worry about.

I believe this is what you are talking about? http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/60687-xbox-live-users-topple-40-million

It says that there are 40m users who have just signed up for xbox live. I doubt that all 100% of those users are gold members. 

Around the Network

How a company makes you pay so that you can communicate with your friends just seems down right disgusting to me.

I stopped reading here. You're using the internet to connect to people you don't even truely know. What an idiotic statement.

Getting sick of all these xbox thrashing threads.... What's the point? Seriously?

riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Like I said, Sony fans are getting very desperate....What is next threads how PS3 is more powerfull than the Wii U? I wished Sony had made some (great) games for them this holiday...

Like I said, I was writing this article in the perspective of a gamer not a Sony/Nintendo fanboy. If only you took the time to read after the first sentence.

no this was not from a gamers perspective.  This was from your perspective.  People who play on XBL are happy with it.  Not going to lie, all these threads are getting annoying real quick and I believe you've made a few of them, I could be wrong but it really is getting tiring.  People could easily make threads bashing PSN or PSN+ which Im 100% positive is your favorite platform so if you are going to keep making these type of threads that draw console wars prepare.

BTW Im not even positive that Part chat came out when you said you were on XBL.  It was just cross game private chat for a long time.

I haven't made any other threads regarding the issues with xbox live. And as I said (if you even read what I wrote) go ahead and make threads bashing psn or psn+ or even nintendo. But you didn't read that part did you? This is from a gamers perspective, because as a gamer the type of services microsoft is offering are simply not worth my money. Of course people who pay for xbox live are happy with it, as was I when I had it in 07. I'm sure it's definitly improved, but once I found out I could have online for free on a different platform...I was gone.

Once again this is not from gamers perspectives, this is from your perspective......And no there is no need on bashing any of the online services.  Play your games and have fun with them.  For some reason I as well as many people don't even believe you had XBL, not that you need to prove that because I dont care.  I still stand behind Steam as being the best online service while I see PSN being 3rd.  Not because PSN is bad but because it has no games I care about for multiplayer. I love there exclusives for storyline but they just dont seem to make compelling multiplayer games.  I had fun with KZ2 but that was it.  The lack of party chat is also irritating because then you have to listen to kids with there bluetooth headsets listening to music, babies in the background, or just plain annoying.  Sure there is occasions where someone is cool on there but its just the same on XBL.  You have those annoying kids that you just dont want to listen to so you go to party chat and you can avoid them.  There is other features that PSN is missing to this day but by next gen PSN has a real chance of catching back up to XBL.  For this gen it is lacking many features.  Did I say that any of this makes XBL worth it?  No i did not but Im willing to pay because I find it a good service.  If it was bad then Id be complaining.  If it was free then Id be even happier, but Im not going to bitch about paying 5 dollars a month for it either.

ironmanDX said:

How a company makes you pay so that you can communicate with your friends just seems down right disgusting to me.

I stopped reading here.

If everyone thought like you then I wouldn't be surprised if companies somehow started charging us for talking to our friends face to face. How you find paying to talk to your friends normal is odd to me. You pay for the xbox, then you pay for a headset thinking that you can use party chat. But then you have to pay every month for it.

JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Like I said, Sony fans are getting very desperate....What is next threads how PS3 is more powerfull than the Wii U? I wished Sony had made some (great) games for them this holiday...

Like I said, I was writing this article in the perspective of a gamer not a Sony/Nintendo fanboy. If only you took the time to read after the first sentence.

no this was not from a gamers perspective.  This was from your perspective.  People who play on XBL are happy with it.  Not going to lie, all these threads are getting annoying real quick and I believe you've made a few of them, I could be wrong but it really is getting tiring.  People could easily make threads bashing PSN or PSN+ which Im 100% positive is your favorite platform so if you are going to keep making these type of threads that draw console wars prepare.

BTW Im not even positive that Part chat came out when you said you were on XBL.  It was just cross game private chat for a long time.

I haven't made any other threads regarding the issues with xbox live. And as I said (if you even read what I wrote) go ahead and make threads bashing psn or psn+ or even nintendo. But you didn't read that part did you? This is from a gamers perspective, because as a gamer the type of services microsoft is offering are simply not worth my money. Of course people who pay for xbox live are happy with it, as was I when I had it in 07. I'm sure it's definitly improved, but once I found out I could have online for free on a different platform...I was gone.

Once again this is not from gamers perspectives, this is from your perspective......And no there is no need on bashing any of the online services.  Play your games and have fun with them.  For some reason I as well as many people don't even believe you had XBL, not that you need to prove that because I dont care.  I still stand behind Steam as being the best online service while I see PSN being 3rd.  Not because PSN is bad but because it has no games I care about for multiplayer. I love there exclusives for storyline but they just dont seem to make compelling multiplayer games.  I had fun with KZ2 but that was it.  The lack of party chat is also irritating because then you have to listen to kids with there bluetooth headsets listening to music, babies in the background, or just plain annoying.  Sure there is occasions where someone is cool on there but its just the same on XBL.  You have those annoying kids that you just dont want to listen to so you go to party chat and you can avoid them.  There is other features that PSN is missing to this day but by next gen PSN has a real chance of catching back up to XBL.  For this gen it is lacking many features.  Did I say that any of this makes XBL worth it?  No i did not but Im willing to pay because I find it a good service.  If it was bad then Id be complaining.  If it was free then Id be even happier, but Im not going to bitch about paying 5 dollars a month for it either.

Theres a mute button. 

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
ironmanDX said:

I stopped reading here.

If everyone thought like you then I wouldn't be surprised if companies somehow started charging us for talking to our friends face to face. How you find paying to talk to your friends normal is odd to me. You pay for the xbox, then you pay for a headset thinking that you can use party chat. But then you have to pay every month for it.

Eveyone does think like me!!! You pay for goods and services!!! Hell, I don't even kow you and you pay to use your internet to communicate wit me right now!! Do you pay for a phone? Mobile and landline? Foolish statement.

riderz13371 said:
ironmanDX said:

I stopped reading here.

I paid for a cell phone/house phone thinking that I could just talk to people with it for free after the initial purchase.  Then, they made me pay every month for it.

I paid for a TV thinking that I could just watch TV for free but instead, they make me pay for cable AND electricity.

:(

ironmanDX said:
riderz13371 said:
ironmanDX said:

I stopped reading here.

Eveyone does think like me!!! You pay for goods and services!!! Hell, I don't even kow you and you pay to use your internet to communicate wit me right now!! Do you pay for a phone? Mobile and landline? Foolish statement.

phones are mobile and can be carried anywhere. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen people carrying their Xbox and headset on outside talking to people. And as for your paying for internet comment, this just goes back to the way Microsoft is being greedy. So I pay for internet and then I buy a console and finaly I have to pay to use my internet connection AGAIN? No my friend, you don't think like me.

d21lewis said:
riderz13371 said:
ironmanDX said:

I stopped reading here.

I paid for a cell phone/house phone thinking that I could just talk to people with it for free after the initial purchase.  Then, they made me pay every month for it.

I paid for a TV thinking that I could just watch TV for free but instead, they make me pay for cable AND electricity.

I wouldn't bother, we do not "think like him"

I'm glad to be honest.

d21lewis said:
riderz13371 said:
ironmanDX said:

I stopped reading here.

You don't get it do you? When you buy a Samsung TV do you get the TV service from Samsung? NO. You have to buy Samsung's product so that you can get a TV service provider. When you use party chat on Xbox, is it not Microsoft that runs it? You buy an Xbox (Microsoft) so that you can pay for a service which is run Microsoft. Same rules for phones. Buy a Samsung phone and you have to get service from AT&T or whatever phone company there is.