By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Ten Most Annoying Types of People on VGChartz

Tagged games:

Some of my own pet peeves:

The "Oh woe is me, if this had been a thread slanted in ______ direction it would not be dying without posts." post:
Completely useless post that adds nothing except a whiny little statement about why you think people find a thread boring without actually discussing the topic at hand so obviously you can't find it that interesting or debate worthy either.

The "Fanboy circle jerk":
This is when fans of one console will get together to talk about why they're all so great compared to ____ fanbase. Disgusting. Used to happen with the 360 fans alot but these days I see something similarly annoying and pointless taking the official vita thread off topic every now and then, which is otherwise a very nice and informative thread on all things Vita.

The "3rd party is anti Ninty conspiracy nut" which goes along with port begging in general:
I just hate it, what can I say. You are not owed anything by third parties just like I'm not going to bitch and moan when people assume Sakaguchi won't make games on Sony platforms because he hates them. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

These are what come to mind at the moment.

edit: didn't notice this was for types of people so I will elaborate, my list is for types of posts.  

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Some of my own pet peeves:

The "Oh woe is me, if this had been a thread slanted in ______ direction it would not be dying without posts." post:
Completely useless post that adds nothing except a whiny little statement about why you think people find a thread boring without actually discussing the topic at hand so obviously you can't find it that interesting or debate worthy either.

The "Fanboy circle jerk":
This is when fans of one console will get together to talk about why they're all so great compared to ____ fanbase. Disgusting. Used to happen with the 360 fans alot but these days I see something similarly annoying and pointless taking the official vita thread off topic every now and then, which is otherwise a very nice and informative thread on all things Vita.

The "3rd party is anti Ninty conspiracy nut" which goes along with port begging in general:
I just hate it, what can I say. You are not owed anything by third parties just like I'm not going to bitch and moan when people assume Sakaguchi won't make games on Sony platforms because he hates them. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

These are what come to mind at the moment.

We'll stop talking when people just admit that 3rd parties hate Nintendo for reasons that are unfounded.

Once everyone's honest with each other, that one will go away.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

We'll stop talking when people just admit that 3rd parties hate Nintendo for reasons that are unfounded.

Oh good, you figured out that you were the current poster child for that one.  Well then I'll toss out that for the second one the poster child is Runa in the Vita thread atm and the first one was inspired by a couple posters in a thread about WiiU getting a 9.5

Torillian said:

Oh good, you figured out that you were the current poster child for that one.  Well then I'll toss out that for the second one the poster child is Runa in the Vita thread atm and the first one was inspired by a couple posters in a thread about WiiU getting a 9.5

Oh oh! Do me next! :3

Mr Khan said:

Exactly.

This extends to fanboys who have no intention of buying a Nintendo console in the first place no matter what is had in it.

There are people on here who have admitted they hate Nintendo cause of the games they make. Fair enough I accept that.

But then you get the threads started by fans who say oh its missing X Y or Z now I am not convinced I should buy a WiiU, yet when you go look at the games they added it is all playsation platforms

So what was wrong with the N64 OR GAMECUBE, GAMEBOY, DS, 3DS? (Note: left NES and SNES out as it would indicate they started gaming on PS1).

Just admit it you never wanted one in the first place.  No one will kill you for it lol.

Around the Network

@Jay520

I honestly don't see what your problem with alts is all about. It isn't like you guys ever catch on anyway. I have not once been called out for being a alt, and I am the fourth guy to run this account. The original owner of this account died three years ago, and the guy before me is now locked up. I suppose it is a occupational hazard of being a total asshole. Oh well it just goes to show you that the original guy was right. You really can be someone else.

Hell nobody has called me out on being a corporate shill, and that is just disappointing. I mean come on guys do you know anybody who talks like this is real life. Seriously the essays, the financial analysis, and the commentary that goes over like stereo instructions. It is like hunting dairy cattle. You eat well, but it is hardly sporting. Can you all make it a little more challenging in the future. Yeah I know the one you least expect. What kind of excuse is that.

Had you there for a second didn't I.

Dodece said:
@Jay520

I honestly don't see what your problem with alts is all about. It isn't like you guys ever catch on anyway. I have not once been called out for being a alt, and I am the fourth guy to run this account. The original owner of this account died three years ago, and the guy before me is now locked up. I suppose it is a occupational hazard of being a total asshole. Oh well it just goes to show you that the original guy was right. You really can be someone else.

Hell nobody has called me out on being a corporate shill, and that is just disappointing. I mean come on guys do you know anybody who talks like this is real life. Seriously the essays, the financial analysis, and the commentary that goes over like stereo instructions. It is like hunting dairy cattle. You eat well, but it is hardly sporting. Can you all make it a little more challenging in the future. Yeah I know the one you least expect. What kind of excuse is that.

Had you there for a second didn't I.

Shills don't get far with essays anyway. You need hit-and-run troll posts for maximum efficacy.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

1."Guys, why bother talking about consoles when PC GAMING IS SOOOO MUCH BETTRRRRRRRR"

2."Metacritic is gospel!"

3. "Sales = quality"

4. "What I think is fact!"

ect.

#2 Austrians
#1 Teens

^^^
Oh, yeah, you reminded me I am disdainful of people who stereotype teenager posters as dumb and immature. (Not you, as I'm not sure whether you are serious or not, but a lot of posters in general)