By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo fans are hypocrites when it comes to PS3 ports on Vita

Do you like transfering games from console to handheld?

Yes 42 57.53%

No 31 42.47%

Total:73

I think you guys are now misunderstanding me :P I'm saying that the OP is arguing two different, somewhat related points. I just don't see how lamenting too many ports has anything to do with transferring games from console to "handheld."

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I think you guys are now misunderstanding me :P I'm saying that the OP is arguing two different, somewhat related points. I just don't see how lamenting too many ports has anything to do with transferring games from console to "handheld."

Ports allow a game to be "transferred." By having the same game on both systems (due to ports) I can effectively transfer play back and forth just like the Wii U.

JoeTheBro said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Ports allow a game to be "transferred." By having the same game on both systems (due to ports) I can effectively transfer play back and forth just like the Wii U.

But you do see the difference right? I mean, this feature is built into the Wii U as a sort of bonus for people with many family members or friends in the house -- so that more than one person might enjoy things that are traditionally shown on a television screen at the same time. Whereas the Vita scenario rewards you for buying two different systems and two copies of the same game by allowing you to transfer save data between them -- kind of like what Monster Hunter will do for Wii U and 3DS. These are two very different things. With very different costs involved.

Now, if you had 3DS owners championing Monster Hunter and mocking Playstation All-Stars, I think you could make a case for hypocrisy. Otherwise, I just don't see the case.

Jumpin said:
Well, on the Wii U, you get all of this free, including the handheld; and the games on the Wii U Gamepad aren't bad ports with missing features and content, they're the same game with 100% the features and content, and 0 extra price.

On top of that, on Wii U, you can play local co-op multiplayer with one person playing on the Gamepad, and others using the TV at 0 latency.

H-h-hooaly shit man, you just opened the floodgates for some of that "0.001ms discrepancy" argument nonsense, usually touted by those whose e-peens differ in size by 0.001 pixels.

If this thread turns to dildos, I will hold you personally responsible.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Nintendo fans, or a particular Nintendo fan?

Around the Network

microsoft fanboys are bigger hypocrites

Veknoid_Outcast said:
JoeTheBro said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

But you do see the difference right? I mean, this feature is built into the Wii U as a sort of bonus for people with many family members or friends in the house -- so that more than one person might enjoy things that are traditionally shown on a television screen at the same time. Whereas the Vita scenario rewards you for buying two different systems and two copies of the same game by allowing you to transfer save data between them -- kind of like what Monster Hunter will do for Wii U and 3DS. These are two very different things. With very different costs involved.

Now, if you had 3DS owners championing Monster Hunter and mocking Playstation All-Stars, I think you could make a case for hypocrisy. Otherwise, I just don't see the case.

What you are describing with the Wii U is exactly what happened to me with PS3/Vita. I was playing All Stars and my family wanted to watch a movie so I quickly transferred it over to my Vita and kept playing. Regardless of what costs you think are associated with it, this is the same feature as on the Wii U.

Seriously... this coming from you?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

JoeTheBro said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
JoeTheBro said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

What you are describing with the Wii U is exactly what happened to me with PS3/Vita. I was playing All Stars and my family wanted to watch a movie so I quickly transferred it over to my Vita and kept playing. Regardless of what costs you think are associated with it, this is the same feature as on the Wii U.

But you need to own a PS3 and Vita. And two copies of the game. And that doesn't change the fact that being able to transfer save data between a PS3 and Vita game in any way mitigates what is commonly seen as a weak line-up of software that is heavy on games that also appear on home consoles.

I think you're now willfully misunderstanding me.

Naum said:
Seriously... this coming from you?

Yeah strange right. I actually really love most Nintendo systems and games but because I'm decked out in Sony you think I'm a one sided troll and I'm a hypocrite myself? Stay classy my friend.