By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo fans are hypocrites when it comes to PS3 ports on Vita

Do you like transfering games from console to handheld?

Yes 42 57.53%

No 31 42.47%

Total:73

I've just made a stunning revelation. The wii u game pad is what Sony had hoped the vita would be. True console gaming in the palm of your hand. We didn't get some gimped version of this holiday seasons biggest games, blops and AC, we actually got the definitive versions, on the big screen or while we deficate.

All hail Nintendo and the almighty wii u. True console gaming in the palm of your hand.

rest in peace vita, you were a noble piece of hardware and you deserved better.

back to the definitive version of declassified, I mean blops 2. I've been playing that thing for hours.

posted from my wii u game pad.

Around the Network

someone doesn't know how the Wii U works

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RolStoppable said:

Paul said:
I've just made a stunning revelation. The wii u game pad is what Sony had hoped the vita would be. True console gaming in the palm of your hand. We didn't get some gimped version of this holiday seasons biggest games, blops and AC, we actually got the definitive versions, on the big screen or while we deficate.

All hail Nintendo and the almighty wii u. True console gaming in the palm of your hand.

rest in peace vita, you were a noble piece of hardware and you deserved better.

back to the definitive version of declassified, I mean blops 2. I've been playing that thing for hours.

posted from my wii u game pad.

I never considered that point of view, but you are right. The Vita is now obsolete, because Sony failed to make it futureproof.

Which point? That you can play wii u while you deficate or that the wii u just deficated all over declassified on the vita?

JWeinCom said:
JoeTheBro said:

So many people claim they don't want a Vita because it has nothing but ports* of PS3 games. That is a fine opinion, until that same person talks about how great it is playing Wii U games on the gamepad without using a TV.

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale I spent all day playing and all of a sudden my family wanted to watch a movie (using the PS3 of course). Almost instantly I had the game playing on my Vita without losing any progress. Of course the Wii U does this transfer better, but that is a different thread. My point is if you like this feature on the Wii U, you are a hypocrite to find these PS3 ports on Vita a waste.

I can't wait to enjoy this on Ratchet and Clank, Sly, and Guacamelee as well as on my future Wii U.

*Actual ports, not console IPs like Uncharted, COD, Assassin's Creed, etc.

If Sony threw in a free Vita with a PS3 and enabled cross buy on 90% of their games, it's be a cool feature.  As it stands, it costs me an extra 300  dollars to play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on a second screen. 

Edit:  Wait, UMvC3 doesn't support that does it?  Madden then.  Wait that doesn't either does it?  Ummmm... Fifa? No.  Mortal Kombat?  Don't think so.  Uhhh... MLB the Show?  Oh yeah, let's go with that one.

Those are all reasons why the feature is worse on Vita. They have nothing to do with saying "Why would I want a game on Vita that I already have on my PS3?" People in this thread are jumping to post without understanding a thing.

When a PS3 + a Vita is the same cost as a Wii U - and every PS3 game is also available on Vita with this feature, AND every Vita copy comes free with a PS3 copy - then you can fairly call them hypocrites.

Is PSABR the only (non downloadable/full) game that supports this feature?

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

So many people claim they don't want a Vita because it has nothing but ports* of PS3 games. That is a fine opinion, until that same person talks about how great it is playing Wii U games on the gamepad without using a TV.

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale I spent all day playing and all of a sudden my family wanted to watch a movie (using the PS3 of course). Almost instantly I had the game playing on my Vita without losing any progress. Of course the Wii U does this transfer better, but that is a different thread. My point is if you like this feature on the Wii U, you are a hypocrite to find these PS3 ports on Vita a waste.

I can't wait to enjoy this on Ratchet and Clank, Sly, and Guacamelee as well as on my future Wii U.

*Actual ports, not console IPs like Uncharted, COD, Assassin's Creed, etc.

You do realize that there is a difference between the content of a system's library, and features a system has, right?  I see these as two separate issues, even if there may be some overlap.

PS3+Vita Cost $600, WiiU+Gamepad cost $300

Actually, the 3DS is also full of ports.

Well, on the Wii U, you get all of this free, including the handheld; and the games on the Wii U Gamepad aren't bad ports with missing features and content, they're the same game with 100% the features and content, and 0 extra price.

On top of that, on Wii U, you can play local co-op multiplayer with one person playing on the Gamepad, and others using the TV at 0 latency.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

RolStoppable said:
With the Wii U, you only need one system and one copy of the game to do it. With the Vita, you need two systems and two copies of the game.

Notice the difference? With the Wii U, this functionality is a bonus. With the Vita, it's not.

Here is one. 

*Edit: The OP talks about ports and the experience of playing the same game off tv. You guys say that is a very good feature and Nintendo is advertising this too. Then why are you hypocritic about the same experience being available on Vita. It has nothing to do with Vita being obsolete or anything.