By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 vs Gran Turismo 5

sales2099 said:

Does GT5 have a digital copy for sale? If not, then lol I got you.

Read again...

We know that GT5 and Halo Reach have sold more than what VGChartz have shown (via digital sales and undertracking). 

Around the Network

Week ending Nov 10 - Present Forza 4 has sold 595 540 in bundle sales. We can apply its year end total to see how much Reach sold since it was sold under the exact same conditions.

See I have a practical solution to gauge a number of Reach digital sales. The PS fan response to GT5 being undertracked is: Because I say so! Quite different approaches.

So I feel that with the inclusion of facts and numbers based on empirical data superceeds paranoid conspiracy talk about undertracking.

If one wants to talk about pure fanbase numbers, my solution can provide a complete picture.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

See I have a practical solution to gauge a number of Reach digital sales. The PS fan response to GT5 being undertracked is: Because I say so! Quite different approaches. 

Now you're deliberately ignoring things. We have already shown you that there was a 1.2m discrepancy between sales and shipped data. Which isn't typical for a two year old game. But the typical Sales2099 response was: "that's normal" or "we don't know how much it's undertracked" or some other shoddy excuse to ignore the data. Or did you forget about that?

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Now you're deliberately ignoring things. We have already shown you that there was a 1.2m discrepancy between sales and shipped data. Which isn't typical for a two year old game. But the typical Sales2099 response was: "that's normal" or "we don't know how much it's undertracked" or some other shoddy excuse to ignore the data. Or did you forget about that?

Hey you told me "good day" and now your quoting me, totally all over the place today.

I remember that thread and I told you that for flagship games there can always be an exception and/or they flooded the market to inflate the numbers for their announcement.

But....difference is, you can't prove that. I CAN prove how much Halo Reach sold digitally.

You wanna talk fanbase, then that in itself superceeds retail only, unless you think digital copy owning gamers arent considered "people"

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

1. I remember that thread and I told you that for flagship games there can always be an exception and/or they flooded the market to inflate the numbers for their announcement.

2. But....difference is, you can't prove that. I CAN prove how much Halo Reach sold digitally.

3. You wanna talk fanbase, then that in itself superceeds retail only, unless you think digital copy owning gamers arent considered "people"

1. Yet you've demostrated no evidence to support your claim.

2. I still don't see how you've done so. Elaborate

3. As said earlier, we have no precise measurements of digital sales nor how much GT5 is undertracked.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

1. I remember that thread and I told you that for flagship games there can always be an exception and/or they flooded the market to inflate the numbers for their announcement.

2. But....difference is, you can't prove that. I CAN prove how much Halo Reach sold digitally.

3. You wanna talk fanbase, then that in itself superceeds retail only, unless you think digital copy owning gamers arent considered "people"

1. Yet you've demostrated no evidence to support your claim.

2. I still don't see how you've done so. Elaborate

3. As said earlier, we have no precise measurements of digital sales nor how much GT5 is undertracked.

Halo Reach and Forza 4 are both holiday bundled games. By measuring how well Forza 4 has sold, we can take that number and apply that to Halo to get a rough estimation. So far, Forza 4 has sold almost 600k in bundles.

sales2099 said:

Its called the empiracal approach to science. Recreating a experiment under similar situations to get the same result. Halo Reach and Forza 4 are both holiday bundled games. By measuring how well Forza 4 has sold, we can take that number and apply that to Halo to get a rough estimation. So far, Forza 4 has sold almost 600k in bundles.

^^Rubbish

And you still haven't demostrated why flagship games are the exception to the rule.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Its called the empiracal approach to science. Recreating a experiment under similar situations to get the same result. Halo Reach and Forza 4 are both holiday bundled games. By measuring how well Forza 4 has sold, we can take that number and apply that to Halo to get a rough estimation. So far, Forza 4 has sold almost 600k in bundles.

^^Rubbish

And you still haven't demostrated why flagship games are the exception to the rule.

Rubbish? Its near identical situations for Halo and Forza. Difference is 2011 holiday sales were much higher then holiday 2012 sales are so far. Halo Reach digital sales are in all liklihood higher because of this. Count yourself lucky I am pretending that 2012 360 bundles are selling as good as 2011 ones were.

I have empiracle data. Your argument is based on speculation. Im sorry but I got you here.

@mb1025

Yeah thats what I was talking about. It seems ridiculous to me that some of gt5s sales are being discounted just bc it had a single goty edition. That makes no sense to me. There are so many goty editions released each year. Its a common practice bc its smart, business wise: it helps remind ppl about the game when its easy for it to be forgotten due to all the new releases, and also allows ppl to get the game and the dlc with a single purchase.

Halo 4 has had plenty of goty awards already, and will get more still. If they wouldn't do a goty edition, that would be foolish, and only they would be to blame.

OT: I guess I never truly answered the Q with any of my posts. If I had to guess, I would say Halo 4, tho like I said previously, even if gt5 "wins", its still not the fairest comparison bc were at the end of a console generation now, and so gt5s 2 yr head start gives it a significant advantage.

I feel regardless that halo is still "bigger" than gt. Gt is definitely big and impt for Sony, but halo can serve as the face of Xbox via the iconic master chief, whereas gt cannot. A car doesn't work for that.

Even tho, like I said, halo will always be bigger, Sony could at least make gt much bigger and more impt for themselves by mandating that there be a new release every 3-4 yrs (still with a prologue in between). If they're smart, they'll increase PDs team size significantly to ensure this happens.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

lol offcourse we are. I thought it was about "gauging the fanbase" like you said. Sooo the kids who got the digital copy of Reach and loved it arent labelled as a fan in your eyes? cute

We have no accurate and precise data for digital sales. So we don't know just how much more Reach sold digitally. Just like we GT5 is undertracked. But we don't know by how much. Same for Reach. Both have sold more than what VGChartz has, but we just don't know by how much. Point is, we dont know. Crying murder because it apparantly has 1m+ digital sales is frankly a sore losers excuse. For better or for worse, just go by Vgchartz numbers. Its unfair to games on both sides, but just take em as they are and deal with it. 

Actually we know Reach sold more than 1 million digital copies (due to the holiday bundle it was in). I made a thread with it's estimated sales due to that bundle and it was well over 1 million. So whatever Vgchartz has Halo Reach at, just simply add 1 million to that number (even thought it's most likely significantly higher than that).

1 million is simply the absolute lowest it could have sold digitally when you take in the margin of error.

@Sales: Halo: Reach was bundled with Fable III not Forza 4.

Edit: Found the thread. As you can see I was very generous with how many copies Fable III sold by itself. Also the thread hasn't been updated for current numbers so it could be higher or lower than that number. But like I said, 1 million is the absolute lowest it could have sold.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136040&page=1