By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nokia Gains as Danske Says Lumia Is Beating Expectations

Nokia Gains as Danske Says Lumia Is Beating Expectations

Nokia Oyj rose to its highest level in almost three months as Danske Bank A/S recommended buying the stock and after three block trades lifted the unprofitable Finnish mobile-phone maker’s U.S. shares 12 percent.

Nokia shares climbed 1.3 percent to 2.52 euros at the close in Helsinki, the highest level since Aug. 27. The Stoxx Europe 600 Index advanced 0.6 percent.

The stock has risen for four straight days amid signs that the Espoo, Finland-based company’s new Lumia smartphone is in demand, which may help revive Nokia’s sales and challenge the iPhone and Android devices. Danske Bank analyst Ilkka Rauvola raised his recommendation on the shares to buy from sell today.

“Nokia’s Windows Phone model 920 is doing better than expected, and the outlook may continue to improve,” Rauvola wrote in a note to clients, adding he expects 36 million smartphones using Microsoft Corp.’s Windows Phone 8 software like the Lumia to be sold in 2013, up from an earlier estimate of 23 million devices.

Nokia’s American deposit receipts surged yesterday after three block trades totaling 4 million shares helped lift the stock above its 200-day moving average for the first time in 33 months. Trading volume today in Helsinki was 61.9 million shares, almost double the three-month average.

Nokia on Nov. 19 said it received reports that its new Lumia 920 smartphone had sold out in Germany. Such reports may reflect “Nokia’s small initial volumes,” according to Rauvola.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-22/nokia-gains-as-danske-says-lumia-is-beating-expectations.html

Around the Network

there is a lot of advertisement for it and for that sony skyfall whatever phone the last time on german tv so that may have helped to sell more phones for both companies here.

I hope they will release android phones soon :(

I like Nokia, but I also like android.

I LOVE ICELAND!

kowenicki said:
KungKras said:

Little chance of that.  Android is too competitive.  Cant understand why anyone wants to play in that party where samsung have it utterly cornered.

Exactly, Microsoft and Nokia are like two ugly kids going to the prom together

dallas said:
kowenicki said:
KungKras said:

Little chance of that.  Android is too competitive.  Cant understand why anyone wants to play in that party where samsung have it utterly cornered.

Cell Phones is about the only thing people like you can talk bad about MS.......on a video game forum no less.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Yeah, Nokia shares are up sharply the last week or so.

Almost 25% increase in the last week on the Dow.  12% in one day before thanksgiving close.

Incidentally, this video is amazing....

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/11/nokia-lumia-920-versus-a-car/

That phone sure is tough!!! O_o

kowenicki said:
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:

Yeah, Nokia shares are up sharply the last week or so.

Almost 25% increase in the last week on the Dow.  12% in one day before thanksgiving close.

Incidentally, this video is amazing....

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/11/nokia-lumia-920-versus-a-car/

That phone sure is tough!!! O_o

Insane isnt it.   

Basically, it's one of the best phones out there right now. Certainly among the top 3. Where the iPhone 5 and GSIII are.

It just has the total package.

kowenicki said:
dallas said:
kowenicki said:
KungKras said:

I think I will ignore your posts on anything corporate or financially focussed.    I dont know how many times I have to completely blow you out of the water... you keep coming back for more.

Update yourself:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4910828

Meh the anolgy is apt.  You have the least popular manufacturer allied with the least popular platform.  See the connection to the 

Prom date metaphor that I used?

Good for Nokia.
I don't want to see any company go down the hole.