By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is NOT weaker than PS360 *Evidence*

Convinced yet?

Yes 94 50.81%

No 89 48.11%

Total:183

So, since the Wii U was revealed last year people have said that it'll be weaker than the last gen consoles, namely PS360 (that's right bi-atches! It's a new gen now!!). And as of late we've had fierce discussions about the Wii U's capabilities. I am here to set the record straight. Wii U is not weaker than PS360; and I have the proof to back up that claim. Enjoy!!

I'm gonna start of with this picture:

Going by this picture I think we all can agree that the Wii U version looks better. It has more details, AND they've added stuff.

I'll embed this two videos in my next post as well (I can't seem to embed them in the OP for some strange reason):

Comparing AssCreed3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VOaoBcY4HUk

Comparing Darksiders2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nha4XiXnSg&feature=relmfu

Comparing CoD: BLOPS2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZO33bCFwks

Remember: while being on par with PS360 Wii U is ALSO streaming to the GamePad. That's something neither of PS3 or Xbox360 would have been able to do. Nuff said.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Keep the pixel counting crap off my lawn!!!
Damnit...

I'm convinced! Do you have a Wii U? If so, what's your Network ID (feels soo cool sayign that after all these years). Mine is in my sig. Add me

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

I fully expect Wii U (based on the most believable rumors) to have 2-3 times the shader performance of the 360, but I'm not sure about the CPU and how that might play a role

if devs learn to use that shader performance efficiently they should imo be able to create games that are distinctly better looking than PS360 games

Around the Network

Ain't got one yet =( Liviong in EU makes it kinda hard getting one right now ;)

I think the first ports are going to be hit or miss in terms of gauging Wii U horsepower compared to the PS360. The combination of having these games rushed out the door for Wii launch AND having little time/effort/resources to optimize them specifically for Wii U other than tacked on Gamepad functionality (for some) leave a lot to be desired. Over time, I expect this to get much better.  Even if the rumors of a slower RAM and CPU are true, devs will find a way around it and the extra RAM has to account for something.  The PS360 both had initial technical issues as well.  Plus, like I've been saying, what happens when PS4 and Durango aren't as powerful as people are thinking?  Will be interesting to see!

By the time MoHun:U comes out, no one will care about this debate anymore and only the Sony fans will left to do their complaining/trolling while everyone is playing games.

kowenicki said:
Kenology said:
I think the first ports are going to be hit or miss in terms of gauging Wii U horsepower compared to the PS360. The combination of having these games rushed out the door for Wii launch AND having little time/effort/resources to optimize them specifically for Wii U other than tacked on Gamepad functionality (for some) leave a lot to be desired. Over time, I expect this to get much better.

By the time MoHun:U comes out, no one will care about this debate anymore and only the Sony fans will left to do their complaining/trolling while everyone is playing games.

sensible.

I edited btw.  Added an addendum to the first paragraph.

We've already gone over the Arkham City pics. Yes, they put more details in the tower that's in the foreground. However, the background becomes a muddy mess. It's also missing details, like the fences and barb wire on some of the buildings. The conclusion I've drawn from all the pics of different games is that it looks like you're gaining some things, but losing others.

Sorry but PS3 version looks much better on that pic. The WiiU version may have more details but overal it looks blurry, look on the building on the right side.

Anyway, I don't care, this game was one of my GOTYs last year.