By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U - Nintendo ID confined to system it was created on.

What's the benefit of logging onto your Nintendo Network account from someone else's Wii U anyway? It's not like it's xbox live and subscription based...

Or is the issue for when you get a new Wii U? Or sharing accounts?

Around the Network
blackstarr said:
What's the benefit of logging onto your Nintendo Network account from someone else's Wii U anyway? It's not like it's xbox live and subscription based...

Or is the issue for when you get a new Wii U? Or sharing accounts?

if you have more then one Wii U in your house, you would have to buy digital games seperately for all consoles to play them on each one

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

They confirmed this when I talked to them yesterday. So I'll have to make a new Nintendo ID once I get my system back and re-add all my friends, which sucks but it's all good.

I jump from Xbox to Xbox in a matter of minutes. Last night, I was playing Alan Wake in the Game Room, switched to Wreckateer in the living room, played Happy Wars online with my daughter (who was in the Game Room), and then went back to the Game Room for more Alan Wake.

Looks like I won't be doing the same with Nintendo's console.

WHY not?...

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

Not screwed.   Contact Nintendo. 

You're only screwed if you do nothing.

how does this excactly works ?

like say my console is bricking (ok never had a nintendo system die on me but if) outside of my warrenty do I still have to send my console to nintendo so they can fix it and transfer my profile to the new console (like ms did before they had the online transfer to new console thing ?)

or can I buy a new one since buying a new one is sometimes cheaper than fixing it outside your warrenty time (2years here at least) and use a tool to transfer my profile.

so if you buy something on the estore that is confined to one console as well?

if so that sucks...you loose your system, you loose everything you bought digitally wich pretty much defies the point of going digital.

MDMAlliance said:
Viper1 said:
Wagram said:

Source: http://kotaku.com/5961662/dont-losebreak-your-wii-u-because-your-nintendo-network-account-is-tied-to-it

That really sucks. What happens if the system bricks and you need to buy another one? You're essentially screwed.

Not screwed.   Contact Nintendo. 

You're only screwed if you do nothing.

Yeah, also the second part of the first reply is saying it's a work in progress. 

What level of incompetence does that display? A work in progress on something that's been in existence on other consoles and in the PC world for years.

Besides "future Nintendo consoles" sounds like transfer your NNA from Wii U to the Wii U2 when that gets released.

There will be enough noise about this that Nintendo won't retain this policy for long.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

KylieDog said:
I take back my 'Welcome to 2002'.

You indian giver! .. I take back saying you are nice people.. guess I was wrong for saying that..

back on topic.. yes.. keep em coming!.. keep diggin those wiiU system flaws.. and lets forget Nintendo has a good customer support at all. 

i said it before... it is a huge amount of effort to make a robust online network. nintendo is about 7 years behind sony and 12ish years behind MS. they'll get there but they will have a lot of catching up to do. anyone who expected a "complete" experience on day-1 had unreasonable expectations.