By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Post Pics of your Wii U!

I'll do you guys even better with some uh, interesting videos:

More games are coming from Newegg, I just kinda picked up NG3 first for the hell of it.

Around the Network

Ok, Wii U owners. Wondering if you could a favor for me? Take a photo, or simply quote what's is written on the back of AC adapter (the big one, used to power the console, not gamepad). I need output, if it's AC or DC, volts and amps. Thanks!

@dahuman 

Well first of all, your place is a mess lol.  Also, can you post some impressions of Ninja Gaiden when you have played it? I'm really curious about the visuals and the additional content.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I F+++ing hate you guys right about now, i feel teased, the system doesn't launch till Nov 30th for my country. i hate waiting, 11 days feels like an eternity.

nice to see pics and videos,dahuman doesn't keep packaging i see and throws his new toys around,

the new batman shoudl be pretty good on the WiiU,be nice to heat what someone thinks who playing for the first time

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
mai said:
Ok, Wii U owners. Wondering if you could a favor for me? Take a photo, or simply quote what's is written on the back of AC adapter (the big one, used to power the console, not gamepad). I need output, if it's AC or DC, volts and amps. Thanks!

I was looking at that yesterday. It's almost identical to the Wii, except output is 3v higher and I think 20 more amps (IIRC, DC, 15v, 50amps).

SW-5120-1900-6153

._.

...I hate all of you.

EDIT: Ok, that sounded bad. Thanks for showing us your pics you lucky @*%^&s!!! :D

thetonestarr said:
mai said:

I was looking at that yesterday. It's almost identical to the Wii, except output is 3v higher and I think 20 more amps (IIRC, DC, 15v, 50amps).

Thanks! I believe you meant to say 5.0A though, 50amps is just too much.

That's 75W vs. 135W X360S has, or roughly the same PSU original Xbox had. NSMBU was reported to drain ~35W, though it's Mario, so nothing really power hungry, still I believe games comparable to COD will drain twice as less power than similar games on older versions of X360.

thetonestarr said:
GAMES IMPRESSIONS:

(2) NSMBU
Oh hell yes. I own all four titles in the NSMB series, and this is without a doubt my absolute favourite. There are just SO MANY things about this game that set it above the rest. At least one new item that feels very refreshingly new, a whole slew of Yoshis with a variety of new abilities (I LOVE the pink Yoshi's singing, on top of the other abilities!), a fantastic SMW-esque overworld, item-storage menu in overworld a la classic Mario), and GORGEOUS visuals - the first time since SM64 that a Mario game's visuals have actually impressed me. I absolutely LOVE this game, and had to force myself to stop so I could try out my other games.

(5) ZombiU
I know, I know. This is probably the one you've been waiting for this entire time. Don't you worry, I have been too. I was worried about that 4.5 review, but really, there's nothing to worry about. If you know what a proper "survival horror" game is, and that's what you're expecting from ZombiU, then you're going to be pleased with this. Game's fantastic, and it REALLY utilizes the gamepad wonderfully. I'm very eager to delve deeper into the game, but tonight, I don't have time. Indeed, ZombiU is absolutely THE must-have title for WiiU.

Thanks for the impressions! I was mainly interested in hearing about these. Everything sounds great so far :)

I think I'll be getting one this winter (when my semester finishes).

thetonestarr said:
GAMES IMPRESSIONS:

(1) NintendoLand
I'm somewhat middlegrounds on this one. It's fun, but since I currently play sitting/laying in my bed (currently rooming with friends temporarily), it's kinda awkward. Also, the damn computer character (what's her name? Monita?) is effing ANNOYING. But the games are fun! I played through all of the singleplayer modes that used the gamepad (some of them also have Wiimote modes, didn't play those though), and I think my favourites were Zelda, the ninja stars, and Pikmin. Donkey Kong was very interesting, as was Yoshi's Fruit Cart. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this as a pack-in, but as a standalone, I don't think it's worth any more than $30.

I think there's a rule within Nintendo EAD that sidekicks have to be annoying or something.