By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 1-2 are two of the worst games ever created

Is Assassin's Creed overrated?`

Yes 130 34.95%

No 240 64.52%

Total:370
BasilZero said:
Nope, it is a unique change/addition to the large amount of Shooters that came out this generation and the large amount of RPGs that came out last generation.

Action/Stealth game, they need to make moar~

What stealth is in Assassin's Creed? Walking towards a target, stabbing them, alerting everyone, and then going on a five-minute chase from dozens of guards? I feel sorry that this is what people think stealth is...

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
BasilZero said:
Nope, it is a unique change/addition to the large amount of Shooters that came out this generation and the large amount of RPGs that came out last generation.

Action/Stealth game, they need to make moar~

What stealth is in Assassin's Creed? Walking towards a target, stabbing them, alerting everyone, and then going on a five-minute chase from dozens of guards? I feel sorry that this is what people think stealth is...

Just because you are not forced to use stealth doesn't mean you can't. Scale up a building and throw knifes, use crossbow (brotherhood), hidden blade, poison blade, hide amongst monks etc etc.

It is easily a stealth game.

I think it's very overrated, but it's good enough that I have all of them besides 3 and Liberation, I'm waiting for the Steam sale on 3, and at this point I'll never have a Vita.

Jay520 said:

SnakeDrake said:
Your just mad more people dont but Hitman

Your absolutely correct. I'm just mad more people dont realize this. but Hitman is a great though.

Fixed

Thanks for the typo mistake Jay. More people should get Hitman XD its great and it comes with a free 30 day psn+ trial.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

And I have bad taste?

Around the Network

not to mention the online, that is pure fun for me. Probably teh most unique online MP game ive played in a long time.

I have no interest in AC, though I like the concept and wanted to like the franchise. It's just that the movement and the combat did nothing for me. It's like they wanted to give the appearance of skill rather than requiring it.

I'm just sad that the only Vita bundles on sale are AC and CoD, neither of which I want. Otherwise, I would probably buy one.

Kantor said:

You have enormously oversimplified the combat, for one thing. A lot of it is about timing. And you can't just use block-counter on every enemy. Yes, it is still easy, but you are a master assassin, and they are conscripted grunts. Do you object to the fact that Kratos is a great deal more durable than a skeleton warrior?

The story and characters are excellent, both within and outside the Animus.

You have to understand that the fact that it contains freerunning does not make it a platformer. The point is to feel like an assassin; to be able to effortlessly move between rooftops and such.

The story missions contain variety that most games only dream of. And then there's the side content:

Throw in a great soundtrack and enormous attention to detail in the beautiful environments of Renaissance Italy, and you get one of my favourite games of the generation.

You got me...about 90% of the combat can be completed using the block-counter strategy. There are the occasional large guys that require you to dodge instead of blocking. As for timing, sure...you get a 2-3 second window when a opponent starts to attack when you have to block/dodge. How fun! Also, God of War offers a variety of combos, magic, and it looks cool. Not to mention, you can't just spam the block-counter strategy to get through 90% of the game. And GoW's combat is actually fun.

I understand that you're controlling a really powerful assassin, that doesn't change the fact that it's not challenging, that just explains why it's not challenging. If there was basketball game where you controlled Michael Jordan against a 4th grader, the game would be too easy and boring. You can't just say, "You're playing Michael Jordan, it's supposed to be easy!" That doesn't change the fact that it's boring.

I admit, after completing the main story, I didn't touch the side content. But most of the stuff you mentioned consists of the same boring fighting, climbing, freerunning that I hated during the main story.

Open world extacy of a series. It seems like you are getting good writing practice for college on here. I disagree 100%. Exploring the world is some of the funnest times.

I've only played the first so far, so I'm no expert. But even from that experience, I can say that it's not one of the worst IPs ever. But, again, take my opinion with a grain of salt.