By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 1st Week Sales are Up - Lets Talk about it.

pezus said:
BenVTrigger said:
Frank O Connar 2ho is the lead creative designer for the Halo franchise already confirmed they shipped less Halo 4 Limited Editions then either Halo 3 or Reach.

Higher revenue with a lower SKU price means 1 of 2 things.

A. Halo 4 sold more copies than any Halo to date.
B. MS is counting something else in Revenue they didnt with other versions of Halo.

But the Halo 3 limited edition was $70, no?

Frank said they shipped fewer $99 Halo 4s than $130 Halo 3s

Around the Network

He posted it on Neogaf in a thread about the Halo 4 Limited Editions selling out.

He said it was true and specifically mentioned there would be fewer Halo 4 LEs then there were Legendary Editions of Halo 3

Was MS talking shipped or sold to consumer? Also VGC doesnt have digital if halo 4 has that option.

Another thing since I do not understand revenue that much. MS got more revenue from Halo 4, then Halo 3. Possible that retailers payed more for Halo 4 then Halo 3? Again I have no understanding how this would work. Ben probably knows a lot more about it.

Microsoft never said it made $300m in revenue, they said it was ON ITS WAY.
The only definitive number we have is $220 for the first 24hours. That includes limited edition consoles, and special editions.

mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:

Tagging.

Revenue can mean a lot of things though.

It can? I thought it meant the amount of gross money taken. i.e. sell 1m at $60 then you have $60million. Actually, yes... that's all it ever means. 

Yes it can. It can mean limited editions, legendary editions, don't know if they are including console bundles in this or what else really.

So not as simple as $60 million because a standard copy sells 1 million.

Black Ops II generated more revenue day 1 than MW3, yet, it probably sold less.

Black Ops 2 had a S150 Care Package, MW3 didn't. But on the other hand, MW3 had an Xbox 360 bundle...hmmm
Pretty sure it sold more.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Was MS talking shipped or sold to consumer? Also VGC doesnt have digital if halo 4 has that option.

Another thing since I do not understand revenue that much. MS got more revenue from Halo 4, then Halo 3. Possible that retailers payed more for Halo 4 then Halo 3? Again I have no understanding how this would work. Ben probably knows a lot more about it.

No. Retail only.

If it does less then 6 million in the holidays that's kinda poor for it... IMHO.

Halo 3 did about 6 million thru December.

It's just that simple.

If MS is reporting revenue wouldnt it be from the amount they have shipped since thats their revenue? I can see them shipping quite a few more while selling less. It isnt unbelievable

Possibly undertracked some 100-300k, even if not, 220M revenue day one is definitely sold rather than shipped.

pokoko said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Halo 3 had
- a $399 console
- a $60 SKU
- a $70 limited edition
- a $129 legendary edition

Halo 4 has
- a $349 console
- a $60 SKU
- a $99 limited edition (less copies than previous installements -- about 500k worldwide)

Halo 4 generates more revenue, but it sells less... OKAY!

What were the shipments for the $70 SKU and the $129 SKU?  

Reach's legendary edition should be $149 actually