By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipments reach 70 million, PlayStation Move ships 15 million

So, PS3 shipment reached to 70million in November, and XBOX360 shipment reached to 70million at the end of September. What would be the shipment gap now? I think 360 still has about 2million lead. Although this is SONY tread, I still want to say, good job, Microsoft, in 2006, nobody could expect or predict you can maintain the lead till the end of current generation. Well done~!

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:
The console that almost reached it's competitor's market base with one year less. No matter what, nothing changes that.

And stays in 3rd after 6 years on the market... Nothing changes that and nobody, but nobody, expected that. 

Stays in 3rd? 360 and PS3 both shipped 70million now. How do you know which one shipped a bit more than the other?

my friend turkish these numbers are as of 4th of november, xbox as of end of september. so xbox most probably shipped more units in this month. but seeing how things are going its just a matter of time until ps3 takes over 360. i predict by end of september 2013

Yep my bad, still PS3 achieved 70m a month after 360 did, they are pretty close now. September 2013 seems a bit late don't you think? With how fast ps3 catched up this year compared to last.

GameAnalyser said:
The console that almost reached it's competitor's market base with one year less. No matter what, nothing changes that.

ignore fact playstation 2 had 70 percent marketshare last gen

kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:

And stays in 3rd after 6 years on the market... Nothing changes that and nobody, but nobody, expected that. 

Why don't you take a break and let people be happy with the numbers? Perhaps you said this sentence millions time by now. Now cut the crap.

zhao3gold said:
So, PS3 shipment reached to 70million in November, and XBOX360 shipment reached to 70million at the end of September. What would be the shipment gap now? I think 360 still has about 2million lead. Although this is SONY tread, I still want to say, good job, Microsoft, in 2006, nobody could expect or predict you can maintain the lead till the end of current generation. Well done~!

the gen hasnt ended yet ;)

Around the Network
Turkish said:
bananaking21 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:

Stays in 3rd? 360 and PS3 both shipped 70million now. How do you know which one shipped a bit more than the other?

my friend turkish these numbers are as of 4th of november, xbox as of end of september. so xbox most probably shipped more units in this month. but seeing how things are going its just a matter of time until ps3 takes over 360. i predict by end of september 2013

Yep my bad, still PS3 achieved 70m a month after 360 did, they are pretty close now. September 2013 seems a bit late don't you think? With how fast ps3 catched up this year compared to last.

well with the release of WiiU xbox and PS3 wont be the main consoles anymore, they will be competing with a next gen console that we still know litte about the games that are coming out for it. lets not kid ourself if GTA and metal gear dont release for WiiU it could make competing with PS360 much harder, but we cant judge now. along side with price cuts and announcments of next gen consoles PS3 and 360 sales are going to slow down. so september seems reasonable to me. im even willing to bet on it, if PS3 doesnt outsell 360 in 2013 i will play the sequal to the game i hated most this gen.... BATMAN

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
bananaking21 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:

The shipment gap by end of September 2011 was 2.17m.  So they have reduced that by less than 1m. The gap will grow again this quarter. They are catching up very very slowly. 

They are caught up. Took them 6 to do what xbox did in 7. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Good news for Sony!
Good news for Sony fans and PS3 owner like me!!!

kowenicki said:
HesAPooka said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
bananaking21 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:

The shipment gap by end of September 2011 was 2.17m.  So they have reduced that by less than 1m. The gap will grow again this quarter. They are catching up very very slowly. 

They are caught up. Took them 6 to do what xbox did in 7. 

Cool logic. They caught up because they are behind. 

What ever helps you sleep at night. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

nice shipments data and thats all done in 6 years great achievement!