By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I will tell you about this site! aN old members opinion. Remember opinions are relative.

RolStoppable said:
You are talking a lot, but don't say much. Not sure what the point is here. The good old times are mostly a myth anyway.

damn, I agree with everything you just said. What is wrong with me.

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
I am spurgeonryan and i dont approve this meassage.

On a completly unrelated note, would you guys shave your pussy if you were a girl?

Nah I would wax it. 

miz1q2w3e said:
I get what you're trying to say, but I disagree. Threads are a lot of fun these days. If only real life wasn't so demanding :(

Real life is a whole lot better, trust me. 

Slimebeast said:
DanneSandin said:
I never was around for the "Good Old Days", but I've seen a few Old timers having similar views. Now, I have to admit that there's been quite a few threads derailed due to fan boys not wanting to think straight/logically. But surely they've been around since forever?

I've been here from the start and honestly the forum atmosphere or the type of members hasn't changed much at all.

This criticism you often hear from "old timers" against the present state of VGC usually tells much more about those particular individuals and their current personal path in life rather than the actual condition of this site and its members. People change and blame external factors without realizing that it's themselves who have changed. People tend to be nostalgic about the past. It's only normal.

Fanboyism and some members being overly sensitive, those things haven't changed here. In the past we might have had a slightly higher proportion of the type of members who are interested in lenghty, serious discussions and debates (the Kasz, Jay520, MrKhan, HappySquirrel type of members, just to namedrop a few), but that's about it

May be the 'members' are still somewhat similar to you, the site however isn't.

Case in point.

An opinion is not a attack. The replys to this thread makes me know how far this community has gone south -_-

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

As the greatest poster on this site, I complete agree with your point, Serious_frusting.

It was the community that made me decide to make an account on vgchartz I been using the site since before mgs4 came out but didn't care to make an account until I started getting into ready the forums. Before that it was all about the numbers now its a bit of both.

I been around for five years and I don't see much of a change. Just a bit stricter, which I'm not a fan of. You don't get the huge essay long post debates as much as you used too. Those posts normally were caused by an emotional response due to some kind of provocation, but it sure made for some interesting conversations and heated debates.

I think when VGChartz started charging for certain features they lost a significant portion of the community...I mean the difference in Activity from now to back then is frightening

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Yes, yes, the community has been ruined by an influx of fanboys and heavy-handed moderation.

People have been saying this since the day I joined this site four years ago. Myself included.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective