By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I will tell you about this site! aN old members opinion. Remember opinions are relative.

Wow last time i made a thread you could not have so many words in the title, or edit them. Sorry just had to state it. I really dont make threads anymore >_>

I dont expect you to read everything. It will have loads of text. Excuse the grammer but i aint going to proof read this thread. Might sound arrogant but oh well. I am just going give an opinion on gamers within this community.

I used to comment on this site all the time years ago. The numbers (data about consoles) got me here, but the community made me post. 

Now to be honest, the commuinity puts me off and the numbers make me stay. Thats a full on u-turn "That is a british saying". If you do not know what it means, well its like the complete opposite of what something was before. black/White 

Now this thread may get closed. but to be honest, the thing that made this community alive was contrasting points of view. And you original members cant call me a liar? This site was built on "controversial" threads.

What i mean by that is, not a troll thread, but a person who can make a thread, but give an opinion and word it how they want, with in reason without being called a troll. Not every peron is a troll. Just because they do not like something doesnt mean they dont wan others to. I dont like the caller yellow. Does that make me a troll of yellow? noooooo!

Some people make threads so they can understand  why people like a type of, or a certain game that they dont like. I am sure you have come across a game that you do not like but lots of others do? It happens all the time.

Please though people stop killing out the conversations. An opinion against yours is not an "attack" on you.

This thread may get closed or may not be popular but us as gamers make this site. It is us who made it and it is us who are killing it. I know what i mean to say, but it just aint comming out right.

Yh i have put out a wall and i know i sound like a lil "biatch" but aint sites supposed to be fun?

I wanted to makes loads of p[oints but in one thread. It is in the gamers section because its for all gamers. Make of it what you will.

Discuss...

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I think that users in general, but a few noticeable ones more so take shit waaay to personally. This site is becoming less and less about games or even sales of games but more about the companies behind games.

I was going to join this discussion but I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I don't think the community is losing it's contrasting viewpoint as much as those viewpoints don't really need to be argued about anymore. We are at the end of a console cycle, Sales aren't as big of argument as they once were.

You can't start a thread and say, PS3 will win this year because blah blah blah. It doesn't really matter anymore. Plus, there aren't as many new IP's being launched right now, and exclusives are doesn't really correlate with systems sales anymore. There are a lot of reasons why there aren't as many counter points and arguments being made.

After the new systems come out, I'm sure you will get all the arguments and interesting threads you have been missing Serious_frustrating, but you are just going to have to wait. Unless you want to start them yourself.

I recommend you start a thread about penguins, that will certainly bring out some terrific arguments...

ps3-sales! said:
I was going to join this discussion but I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

I believe he is trying to say that deabtes get ruined on this site constantly due to users taking things to personal. You cant have a opinion without being labled something.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:

Sorry i knew i would get this. the problem is i was trying to take a lot of issues down with one post, would nerver happen. I thought instead of making multiple threads, i could just make one big one. Will it be a mistake? Maybe, do i care? Not really. 

But witht what you said i think i should bullit point my "points" at the end?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Xxain said:
This site is becoming less and less about games or even sales of games but more about the companies behind games.

And the users behind the names

I never was around for the "Good Old Days", but I've seen a few Old timers having similar views. Now, I have to admit that there's been quite a few threads derailed due to fan boys not wanting to think straight/logically. But surely they've been around since forever?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Clearly what he is trying to say is that Soriku and Leo-j need to go back to arguing about Kingdom Hearts 3

Also, on a more serious note, I would say that I agree that people will take any negative view about their console of choice way too seriously.  I've been posting here, mostly under the radar, for about 5 years (fuck) and I would say I have been always been a fair poster for all the consoles.  However, today I was called out as being "one of those Sony guys" because I thought a number regarding the 360 was lower than I expected.  I won't name names, I didn't say anything back, but I was quite surprised.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

RolStoppable said:
You are talking a lot, but don't say much. Not sure what the point is here. The good old times are mostly a myth anyway.

Romanticizing is one of the things we humans excel at to the highest degree.

While I understand your concern, SF, I will disagree with you. I see just as many thoughtful yet conflicting opinions on this site as I did years ago. Just look at any and all discussions happyDolphin (or Kasz) has ever been a part of. However, some poeple just take things too far and are blatanly trolling.