By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time Magazine: All-TIME 100 Video Games

Player2 said:

Metroid is the only one with two entries so it must be the best franchise ever.

Looks like they were aiming for influential or innovative games, but the lack of Mario 64, Dragon Quest, Gran Turismo, Double Dragon, Devil may Cry, Mario Kart, Virtua Fighter and others is ridiculous.

Well, it kinda is (to me).

But yeah, there are a ton of games missing from the list. At least some personal favorites of mine like Okami and Cave Story made it...

Desktop Tower Defence = LOL

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Odd list in many ways. No Crash or Syphon Filter for 90s. Also quite surprised at the omission of Uncharted 2 and a current gen Halo listed in the 2000s. Resident Evil 4 would've been nice as well.

Wait, RE4 isn't in there? Preposterous. One of the most influential games of the decade for sure.

Madden NFL '95 and Angry Birds? COME ON, MAN!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This list is a joke.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Angry Birds = list is invalid.

Around the Network

ouch, ff6 didn't make it in the list. :p

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

No RE4? No Morrowind???? Time Magazine does a list of Video Games??????

Galaxy should've been there, but at least Mario 64 made the cut...
all the other omissions that irk me have been commented on already.

Player2 said:

Metroid is the only one with two entries so it must be the best franchise ever.

Looks like they were aiming for influential or innovative games, but the lack of Mario 64, Dragon Quest, Gran Turismo, Double Dragon, Devil may Cry, Mario Kart, Virtua Fighter and others is ridiculous.

Actually, if you go by that logic, there is only one series to get ALL entries on the list: ICO/SotC.  Best series ever, confirmed.

As for the rest, remember that it's 100 games; if you want to add something then you have to take something off.  Though I do agree there seems to be a bias against racing games.