By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - After The Spamming Fiasco Today I Propose A New Rule

stof said:
How about this to curb spamming.

I ban them. It worked just now didn't it?

I think we're fine, if you see a blatant act of spamming, report it.

How about an ounce of prevention, so we don't have to worry about it at all?

Around the Network

gaiaonline has had this rule in place since almost the begining.

But anyways, why should we have to wait 1 minute every time we post, I say leave it the way it is. 1min delay won't stop spammers but will annoy the hell out of people who post legit stuff.

totalwar23 said:
*sigh*
More restrictions = no fun.
This is post counts you're talking about-it's not anything serious.
If leo-j abuses posting, then he's an immature shallow person but we all knew that already.

Yeah, just think how much fun it would be if there were no restrictions. Mize well get rid of the mods!

No that is a bad idea I think. Just because you may post within a minute of your last post does not mean it is spam. I find myself doing that sometimes when I feel like giving my input on things and my connection to VG Chartz is going smoothly.

PC Gamer

30 seconds is reasonable I would think a minute seems a little long.

Around the Network
dtewi said:

Leo-j posted over 300 times in 5 minutes. So now I think we should enforce this rule. You must wait 1 Minute before you can post again. If you try to click post when the time is not up, a pop-up will say you have to wait 1 minute. If you try again, a warning is sent to you. And if you try again, you get a day ban.

How does this rule sound? 

How is it possible to post that much? Doesn't he have anything better to do?

Most Invision boards have a twenty-or-so rule. It's simply selected in the Admin CP and turned on.

I say thirty seconds is a reasonable selection. Seriously, 99% of posters out there won't even be affected by it anyhow, so I don't know why anybody cares.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I agree with the 30 - 60 seconds rule EXCEPT trying to get that to work properly, and not futz out to make it impossible to post, can be really difficult. I'd rather let a few spammers, who can then just get banned, have their occasional time, than restrict teh people who are actually making decent posts.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

another poster had over 1000 post in about 10 minutes... they need at least a 10 second rule so people can't push post 30 time in a row...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

The mods should cheking the threads to stop spamming, also we know the users that are spamming, just a close eye on those will help them to learn

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989