By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your top Actor and Actress of all time?

okr said:
Kynes already posted the first two people that came to my mind (one word: Charade), so I go with two other of my favorites:

Jack Lemmon & Katharine Hepburn

You have a great taste XD It can be just something casual, but both Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant come from high society British families, they both have huge quantities of charm.

Around the Network

Audrey Hepburn is my favorite. She wasn't the most skilled, she wasn't the most beautiful, but she overflowed with charm and grace and she drew and held your attention in a way that I still find amazing.

As for actor, perhaps Gene Hackman.  His ability to play any kind of role, any kind of character, is pretty astounding to me.

spurgeonryan said:
pokoko said:

As for actor, perhaps Gene Hackman.  His ability to play any kind of role, any kind of character, is pretty astounding to me.

The French Connection, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State, the Comedy with Dan Ackroyd, ....I have drawn a blank! He is one of my all time favorites! Unforgiven! What else? Besides Welcome to Mooseport! :P

Mississippi Burning.  Hoosiers and The Royal Tenenbaums.  He's also someone who managed to get nominated for a BAFTA for his work in the first Superman film.  That shows you his greatness right there.

And yes, Welcome to Mooseport.

Spencer Tracy and Katharin Hepburn

Around the Network

Male actor: Paul Scofield
Female actor: Meryl Streep

Now here is a thread I love :)

Best actor of all time: Marlon Brando

Best actress of all time: Katharine Hepburn

spurgeonryan said:

Mr. Daniel Day is my pick for top of all time. Sorry Bogart, but this guy is amazing! The Last of the Mohicans, There will be Blood, Gangs of New York, Lincoln, etc. Seems like I love every movie that he is in. Gangs and Blood are neck and neck though. Cannot choose which one he does the best in.

Day-Lewis is an amazing actor. Definitely top 10 of all-time. And my personal favorite :)

Spurge, have you seen My Left Foot? If not, I highly recommend it. He gives his best performance in that movie. I would also recommend In the Name of the Father and The Boxer, but My Left Foot is essential viewing.

Actors:  Tie:  Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson

Actress... don't know, I'd have to really think about it.

Does Tom Cruise count as Actress? or has to be born female?

Switch!!!