By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop Sells 1M copies of Black Ops 2 at Midnight ONLY just 1 Retailer! Around 7m Sold in 24h.

kowenicki said:
Huge. Looking forward to seeing some pretty impressive 360 software and hardware totals for the next two weeks.

Be proud of it...Every year the same.
I wouldn't complain if games like Forza or Alan Wake would push the 360 but its always one game that keeps them ahead of Sony > CoD
Without that franchise the PS3 would already be way ahead in total sales cause without that yearly sales boost the 360 would always look like the other 11 months of the year(worldwide way behind the PS3)

And this is a fact - No one can deny it.

NotStan said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Man... when the hell is this thing going to decline?

I would wage not for a few more years at least. It's just that mass appealing, although I have wide taste in games, I still buy cod, they would need to seriously fuck up the franchise to put me off, surprisingly mw3 did just that, but I've put my trust in treyarch, unfortunately cod is still in my bag, haven't played it yet ;_;

And this is what is wrong with the people of this Console Generation.
Why even thinking about that Franchise anymore.....There is something called BATTLEFIELD 3 that is in every way superior than CoD.
Battlefield 3 will always play and look better and have more variety thanks to awesome mappacks(no copy+paste) than the CoD in 2017 will have cause Activision will never change something as long as this franchise sells so much.There is no effort behind the whole franchise.
This is hurting the business so much - Next Gen will be interesting cause the costs to develop new franchises and unique games like Uncharted,The Last of Us,Mass Effect,Heavy Rain and many others were this Gen will at least be doubled but the sales won't increase cause people rather but 25 Million times the same game every year.
Publishers already think twice about it if the money and effort is worth it to even develop NEW things while they only sell far under the deserved numbers.
Next Gen they will think about it and laugh about how crazy it is to even think about something like new and unique games or NEW franchises that don't have a fanbase(that can be destroyed like already a few did in this Gen cause they wanted the attention of the CoD Community*cough* SquareEnix,Capcom and others*cough*
Crowdfunding and Steam will hopefully survive.

Around the Network

Over here in Australia my little brother(19) went to the midnight launch and he said the line was way out the shopping centres door.
Its kinda funny, last week he was saying Halo 4 was the best game ever, now its CoD.
Personally its not my thing but its great to see it pushing so many numbers and help selling the PS3/X360 consoles.

You guys are silly BF3 is only appealing to gamers...

COD appeals to gamers and casual players...

And once again i have lost all faith in us gamers for buying shit like this.

TBH I played BO2, better then 90% of the games I played this year...

So if it may be shit compared to the best games of the year.

Overall its well above average...

Around the Network

GTA V will beat its ass !!!!

Actually  MW3 sold 6.5 million in the US and UK on day 1.  Worldwide it's reported to have sold 9.3 million units.  At least that's what the internet shows when I search around for numbers.