By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does Pitfall have to do with Black Ops 2/Nuketown?

Watch the end of the Nuketown trailer, and see the Pitfall Harry 2600 yell.  I am curious what the heck Pitfall has to do with Black Ops 2/Nuketown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XBTVkIxSx5o

Around the Network

Both are Activision games.

Pitfall was a 1982 game.

BLOPS 2 is a 2012 game.

It's the 30th anniversary of Pitfall and year 1 for BLOPS 2.

Pitfall put Activision on the map and BLOPS 2 is a continuation of that success.

kain_kusanagi said:

Pitfall was a 1982 game.

BLOPS 2 is a 2012 game.

Pitfall put Activision on the map and BLOPS 2 is a continuation of that success.

So, nothing connected with Pitfall or Atari 2600 games will be making an appearance in Black Ops 2?

richardhutnik said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Pitfall was a 1982 game.

BLOPS 2 is a 2012 game.

So, nothing connected with Pitfall or Atari 2600 games will be making an appearance in Black Ops 2?

I don't know. There could be an easter egg of some kind. It is the 30th anniversary of Pitfall after all. They may have something special planned.

i hope a new full fledged awesome pitfall game is in the works!! i LOVE pitfall the lost expedition!!

Around the Network

Haha, that was a cool yell.

bananaking21 said:
i hope a new full fledged awesome pitfall game is in the works!! i LOVE pitfall the lost expedition!!

There is supposed to be one actually, from what I heard.  I believe iOS based, unless I am mistaken.

richardhutnik said:
bananaking21 said:

There is supposed to be one actually, from what I heard.  I believe iOS based, unless I am mistaken.

You're thinking of the game that the original creator of Pitfall,  David Crane, is making. It's supposed to be a "jungle adventure" game, but it isn't an official Pitfall game because Activision still has those rights.

kain_kusanagi said:
richardhutnik said:
bananaking21 said:

You're thinking of the game that the original creator of Pitfall,  David Crane, is making. It's supposed to be a "jungle adventure" game, but it isn't an official Pitfall game because Activision still has those rights.

He was trying to raise millions of dollars and I am not sure he made it.  

There is a Pitfall game for iOS made by Activision, I'm pretty sure.

That really brings back memories, though. If you don't count Combat, which was bundled with the 2600, then I think Pitfall was my very first home video-game.