By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pirates of The Caribbean MMO - Actually Fun!

So I saw a commercial for it this morning and since my 360 is broken I decided to download it and play it.

Its free download and $4.99 for the first month (great deal for any MMO) and its turned out into a pretty good investment.

The graphics suck, I see glitches everywhere, bad guys randomly spawning places but!! the game play is a lot of fun.

I also love the leveling system (reminds me of old SWG). If you use your pistol then you level up your pistol skill, if you use your sword then you level up your sword skill. Every time you level up something you get more health so its a good strategy to level everything but you don't need too.

The ship fighting is also fun. Plenty of NPC's to battle against. Nothing's complicated since the game is basically targeted for Kids (Its a Disney MMO).

One of the cool features is that you can have crew members on your ship who fire your guns. Small ships can only have 2 other crew members, but the bigger ones can have 8 people. Those crewmembers are free to walk anywhere on your ship manning whatever gun is available. Then at the end the bounty is split between everyone.

There's also another Pirates game coming out in a few days. I'm pretty sure I'll check that one out and see if its any better then PotC 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I thought it was free..

mM

Sounds like a swashbuckling good time =D

Sounds like a swashbuckling good time =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

leo-j said:
I thought it was free..

Me too, and I played it.  Please tell me I didnt agree to pay anything when I signed up and didnt read the liscense agreement.

I didnt think the game was that fun, but I only got to the part where you get your own ship and realized I that couldn't shoot other players.  Of course I just started playing Bioshock so I have little reason to play anything else.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network

theres a free 7 day trial

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Thanks gebx

Oh, and you may want to check out Sid Meier's Pirates.  I never played the game, but everything Sid touches turns to gold so it should be good, or atleast worth checking out.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

SWG?
Super Wario Galaxy?? x.X"

Its looks interesting but for some reason it crashes every 5 minutes and then requires me to watch a video or something to log back in. It looks fun but lacks a lot of polish and there is simply no way I am paying a monthly fee to skip the hassles for a game I can only play for 5 minutes at a time =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
ManusJustusNardus said:

Thanks gebx

Oh, and you may want to check out Sid Meier's Pirates. I never played the game, but everything Sid touches turns to gold so it should be good, or atleast worth checking out.

Pirates does infact rule.  The NES one anyway.