By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Secession petitions filed in 20 states! No need to worry though.

Also I know what your thinking "But the most recent numbers have them paying."

Although... not the MOST recent numbers as it turns out.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/the-map-that-proves-red-staters-use-the-safety-net-too.php

Now I don't know how 2011 and 2012 have worked but.... as it is in this data, Texas is one of very few states pulling their weight anymore.   I mean... just look at how few states are under 1 dollar here. 

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

Jeff? Your name is ...Jeff?

Yeah. What'd you take me for, a Grover?

Also, one final note on the subject is that the correlation is a LOT more understandable when you think about it.

That is, that Conservative states take in more then they pay on average.

Public policy belief is based largely on local conditions.

The thing is, poor people aren't a majority in any state, let alone welfare recipients.(to my knowledge)

In the South there are more poor people due to essentially the South never bouncing back fully from the Civil War.

In a place by Mississippi, people see way more poor. Way more then they could ever hope to take care of using their own money (hence why they receive money) hence the situation looks worse then it is.

Meanwhile some Demcoratic States like Road Island see fewer poor people, and as such support the saftey net because it seems like we could easily take care of these people. Making the situation look rosier then it is.

While others like California see a lot of poor, but also see a lot of super rich people due to hollywood, silicon valley and a lot of other things... and overestimate the power and number of the super rich.

Myself, I don't think we should be cutting benefits to people, reform the hell out of the system so that we waste less money in administration by having dozens and dozens of welfare administrations, but keep funding the same or near it, and hopefully increase benefits.

However, that's been a hard position to keep since moving to Nevada where the poor are more numerous and what I think likely has to have the highest homelessness rate in the country. Partly due to just the number, and partly due to there just being so many people who seem to be poor out of choices. (ex, the Crystal Meth Users that constantly come into where i work to gamble away their last few dollars.

the_dengle said:
Allfreedom99 said:
the_dengle said:
mai said:

Oh well, it's long way to go from current 50k, and there's still a chance people who signed petition are going to be deported :D
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-everyone-signed-petition-withdraw-their-state-united-states-america/dmQl1bXL

lol. Of course they did.

That's funny, but stupid. People have a right to petition that their state withdraw from the Union. It won't happen, and it's an exercise in futility, but at least they're expressing their racism dissatisfaction in a polite, legal, nonviolent manner. As long as they all continue about their regular lives in a few months instead of keeping up this ridiculousness like they have the past 4 years -- seriously, he's the President. People who don't like it can move to another country -- but good luck finding a country more "conservative" than Texas.

This gets pretty annoying coming from leftists. I don't know your personally held ideologies or if this is just to try to straw man conservative individuals positions. I am sure there are people with racist leaning beliefs on both the left and the right.

That argument is just to try to belittle a conservative's position against Obama. If you really believe that most very conservative individuals are just Racists, sexists, and bigots then you don't have a proper understanding of their ideology and what they believe. Im sure a small number of them are those things. But I am sure that you will find at least the same number of people that are truly racist, sexist and bigots on the far left.

Relax man, it was a joke. The whole point of my post was pretty much much defending the rights of people to petition to secede, why'd you have to accentuate the one part where I was just taking a dig at Texas?

If I offended with my intensity, it was not my intention so sorry if I did. I probably focused more on that because it just stood out to me. I get tired of seeing that narrative all of the time in leftist circles. I am around them frequently and have to always try to correct their thinking. A lot of times I see a leftist minded individual talk about commonly agreed position and then they will stick in a quick cliche about "backwards thinking conservatives" and then sometimes when confronted they roll it off like just an unoffensive joke. It just seemed like another added shot to conservatives that most are just racist. I think I was feeling a bit anal that day anyways.

badgenome said:
Porcupine_I said:

You look more like a Hector. I mean, that is you in your avi right?

OT: Mississippi can go. All they offer is hate, laziness, hate, humidity, hate, horrible healthcare, hate, heat,college football, and hate.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
badgenome said:
Porcupine_I said:

You look more like a Hector. I mean, that is you in your avi right?

OT: Mississippi can go. All they offer is hate, laziness, hate, humidity, hate, horrible healthcare, hate, heat,college football, and hate.

That should be more correct.  I also think that teams like Tennessee Volunteers and the Ole Miss Rebels should be forced to change their names due to getting their asses kicked in the Civil War.

I dunno why embeding youtube never works for me.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Euphoria14 said:
What a bunch of cry babies

^This, and just all around Sore Losers.  I have never seen such ridiculousness from adults.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Euphoria14 said:

^This, and just all around Sore Losers.  I have never seen such ridiculousness from adults.

This is USA politics we are talking about here. Where instead of working together we throw first grader insults to those that might have a different view.

forevercloud3000 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Me either.