By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I think Halo 4 and the whole Halo franchise is overhyped!

Tagged games:

Compared to other FPS, is the Halo franchise overhyped?

Yes 23 56.10%

No 18 43.90%

I play Halo only for the multiplayer mode 0 0%

Total:41
Attoyou said:
DaRev said:
Boutros said:
It's only overhyped if it doesn't live up to expectations.

And it seems to me like Halo fans are very satisfied with Halo 4.

I'm sure that doesn't make any sense.

It probably just means their expectations were that it should be the same colorless, dumb AI, monotonous FPS as it always was. Which then makes me right.

that perfectly matches how I feel about Halo's A.I

That's genius lol

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Troll thread is still troll thread

Its clear you get the point of Halo but you just want to try get a kick out of people.

Never played the game: Check

Only have bad things to say about it: Check

Make up lies about it: Check

Make it look like its a real question at the end: Check

Yep this thread passes for troll bait imo

Amen: Check

Yay!!!

Attoyou said:
DaRev said:
Boutros said:
It's only overhyped if it doesn't live up to expectations.

And it seems to me like Halo fans are very satisfied with Halo 4.

I'm sure that doesn't make any sense.

It probably just means their expectations were that it should be the same colorless, dumb AI, monotonous FPS as it always was. Which then makes me right.

lmao

the thing i dont like is how people can criticize Call of Duty as being bad and the same thing with little innovation, and at the same time praise halo as being the best FPS ever.
Personally i thoroughly enjoy both series. they are both incredibly fun to me, and them being mostly the same game with slight improvements is what i love about the series. if its not broke dont fix it.

One problem I see is this statement:

"What rubbish, after you see enemies being shot in the head only to jump left to right and then right to left, and not even trying to run away or find cover."

That behavior seems to explain perfectly how enemies behave in Resistance 3, but you like Resistance 3. Honestly, that was one of my biggest criticisms of Resistance 3....the AI was below average.

Around the Network

I dont think you would have the same opinion if you play the campaign on Heroic or Legendary..

But calling it colourless is just plain trolling. You've obviously not played the game. Halo 4 has one of the richest color palettes in any FPS. Probably the richest in this gen.

Yay!!!

riderz13371 said:
What else is there to get hyped about for the 360? no offence.

superior third party games and, although fewer, more popular exclusives with better online components

last but not least : Xbox Live arcade games (pure gold)

fighter said:
riderz13371 said:

superior third party games and, although fewer, more popular exclusives with better online components

Superior third party games? Call of Duty lol? More popular exclusives? You mean halo and gears of war and...halo and gears of war...? PSN trumps XBLA now with PS Plus. 

fighter said:
riderz13371 said:

F-YEAH!!!

Yay!!!

Serious_frusting said:
Everyone needs to get of his case. Yes he could have been a bit more diplomatic about how he feels but he it does not mean he is a troll.

Have you ever thought he is just saying what he really feels and hopes to get honest answers as to why other people like the game?

And it answer to your questions, i am not a fan of halo personally. I really dont understand why its so popular, but then i dont understand why other games are popular either
The thing with Halo is there really is no other FPS that plays like it. So people who are into that type of FPS will get Halo. Thats always been my little hunch. I have said it once and i will say it again, i am shocked as hell that no one has made a Halo clone.

Halo clones, to use the term very broadly, I think there are a few. Let say Rsistance and Killzone, which don't have nearly the same hype as Halo. All are on equal footing IMO, but only Halo is overhyped.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.