By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I think Halo 4 and the whole Halo franchise is overhyped!

Tagged games:

Compared to other FPS, is the Halo franchise overhyped?

Yes 23 56.10%

No 18 43.90%

I play Halo only for the multiplayer mode 0 0%

Total:41

the greys they hurt my eyes! lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9u_IAkRZ34&feature=episodic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfDeCWE9f8o&feature=episodic

Around the Network

Im still not sure if you've really played the campaign on Legendary or Heroic mode specially against the Prometheans.

What AIs do in those modes:
They run
Revive their allies
Recharge shields on cover 
Teleport away from you when they recieve significant damage
Teleport towards you when you are vunerable
Provide cover with a hardlight shield for their alles
They throw grenades back
They deploy sentry turrets to distract
They use armor abilities
An invisible elite with an energy sword WILL wait for you till your in range then charge at you
Grunts 'kamikaze'.
Vehicles dodge incoming projectiles.
Enemies strafe away from grenades.

My only complaints:
Banshees rarely get stuck but they do.
Enemies on far ranges often dont respond. Which is probably a good thing b/c its tough as nails.

Yay!!!

DaRev said:
GameOver22 said:
One problem I see is this statement:

"What rubbish, after you see enemies being shot in the head only to jump left to right and then right to left, and not even trying to run away or find cover."

That behavior seems to explain perfectly how enemies behave in Resistance 3, but you like Resistance 3. Honestly, that was one of my biggest criticisms of Resistance 3....the AI was below average.

Agreed - but my issue is that Halo fans will tell you that the Covenant don't do stupid stuff like that, as if Halo has better AI than Resistance 3, which it doesn't. I think they are all the same, and can't understand why people will hype Halo over e.g. Resistance. and why Halo will sell millions more than Resistance or Killzone for example. By the way I'm not a Sony fanboy  

i don t understand why you bought resistance 3 if they are all the same - you should have purchased resistance 1 for 10 bucks instead [since they are all the same]

Its not hype if it surpasses expectations, and at least for me It did !

fighter said:
riderz13371 said:
What else is there to get hyped about for the 360? no offence.

superior third party games and, although fewer, more popular exclusives with better online components

last but not least : Xbox Live arcade games (pure gold)

Superior Third Party Games? Depends on the game. Plenty of games that look better on PS3.  

More popular exclusives with better online components? So just because a game is more popular that means its better? Your logic is flawed. The "better online" part is just your opinion too.

Xbox Live Arcade games? Ever heard of PSN? Yeah, most of the XBLA games are also on PSN.

Around the Network
fighter said:
DaRev said:
GameOver22 said:
One problem I see is this statement:

"What rubbish, after you see enemies being shot in the head only to jump left to right and then right to left, and not even trying to run away or find cover."

That behavior seems to explain perfectly how enemies behave in Resistance 3, but you like Resistance 3. Honestly, that was one of my biggest criticisms of Resistance 3....the AI was below average.

Agreed - but my issue is that Halo fans will tell you that the Covenant don't do stupid stuff like that, as if Halo has better AI than Resistance 3, which it doesn't. I think they are all the same, and can't understand why people will hype Halo over e.g. Resistance. and why Halo will sell millions more than Resistance or Killzone for example. By the way I'm not a Sony fanboy  

i don t understand why you bought resistance 3 if they are all the same - you should have purchased resistance 1 for 10 bucks instead [since they are all the same]

They're actually not. It's the reason the franchise isn't that popular, they changed it too much with every sequel.

VGKing said:
fighter said:
riderz13371 said:
What else is there to get hyped about for the 360? no offence.

superior third party games and, although fewer, more popular exclusives with better online components

last but not least : Xbox Live arcade games (pure gold)

Superior Third Party Games? Depends on the game. Plenty of games that look better on PS3.  

More popular exclusives with better online components? So just because a game is more popular that means its better? Your logic is flawed. The "better online" part is just your opinion too.

Xbox Live Arcade games? Ever heard of PSN? Yeah, most of the XBLA games are also on PSN.

1/ nope

2/ never sid that (Forza > GT for eg.)  -which games on ps have more advanced online components ? 

3/ yes - especially when compared to PSN

riderz13371 said:

Damn I guess the OP did prove everyone wrong. Thread over.

No the point is Halo is rich with color and you know it as those screenshots proved.  Or would you like a few more?