By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U Has The 2nd Most Retail Launch Titles Of Any System Since The PlayStation 2

Squilliam said:
It seems strange how different the Wii launch is to the Wii U. Before the Wii launched I heard the mainstream media talking about it whereas the Wii U forces me to actively look for information and even the gaming sites don't seem to be saying much about it. It has a big launch but it is as if no one cares that the sequel to the best selling console of a previous generation is launching.

This is a good sign. It can't be hardcore if all the mainstream casual drones are talking about it.

21.9 million lifetime sales confirmed, worse than GameCube failure, but its top ten selling games will do between 19.6m - 21.7m each, and one of them will even be a third-party title.

Nintendo will once again squirrel away their billions, only to come out fighting against Samsung and Nestlé in ten years time, while being coy about "creating a Blue Moon" where competition is rare. The customer base will consist of dogs.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Squilliam said:
It seems strange how different the Wii launch is to the Wii U. Before the Wii launched I heard the mainstream media talking about it whereas the Wii U forces me to actively look for information and even the gaming sites don't seem to be saying much about it. It has a big launch but it is as if no one cares that the sequel to the best selling console of a previous generation is launching.

This is a good sign. It can't be hardcore if all the mainstream casual drones are talking about it.

21.9 million lifetime sales confirmed, worse than GameCube failure, but its top ten selling games will do between 19.6m - 21.7m each, and one of them will even be a third-party title.

Nintendo will once again squirrel away their billions, only to come out fighting against Samsung and Nestlé in ten years time, while being coy about "creating a Blue Moon" where competition is rare. The customer base will consist of dogs.

In other words I looked at the tweeter on my desktop speakers and wish that I hadn't poked it because it looks funny now.

Tease.

Gnac said:
Squilliam said:

this is the best post I've ever seen on this site.  One thing though, Gamecube made money.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Gnac said:
Squilliam said:

this is the best post I've ever seen on this site.  One thing though, Gamecube made money.

but it also nearly drove nintendo out of the game industry.. they said if their next console didn't sell more than gamecube they wouldn't see a reason why they should stay..

mM
Squilliam said:

In other words I looked at the tweeter on my desktop speakers and wish that I hadn't poked it because it looks funny now.

You have two possible remedies:

• An hour of prolonged, sub-20Hz squealing might pop it back out again.
  • You may be able to dismantle it and pop it out from behind with no problems.

If you accidentally tear it, then Nintendo's best Friend - Duct Tape - is effective for repairs.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
Isn't the Wii's list missing Wii Sports?

Ah, it was a small, insignificant and unsuccesful game anyway. 

Gnac said:
Squilliam said:

You have two possible remedies:

• An hour of prolonged, sub-20Hz squealing might pop it back out again.
  • You may be able to dismantle it and pop it out from behind with no problems.

If you accidentally tear it, then Nintendo's best Friend - Duct Tape - is effective for repairs.

It's an innie tweeter whereas the other tweeter is an outie. I'll see what the squeeling gives me. It happened when I was unpacking the speaker because I nearly dropped it and I poked a finger through the dust cover.

Tease.

^^ Well it is about the quality of the games and not the quantity. Not saying the Wii U's launch games suck or any of the others in the top 5. I think I never bought a console and felt like it had no games...Their was alwyas something interested me but the problem is the games coming in the first six months. Good example was X360/PS3 for me. Both had some decent games to start with but oh boy it took a while to play finally some new game that was fun.

Even though I'll most probably buy only 1 game at launch, I think the Wii U has an excellent launch lineup.

I would've called it an outstanding lineup if Skyward Sword would have been delayed one year and turned into a Twilight style consoles farewell/welcome release, i.e. a simultaneous release in SD on Wii and HD on Wii U.

Squilliam said:

I think the Wii left a bad tastes in everones mouth. Especially gamers.
3rd parties once again were a small presence on the consoles, the only publisher that is probably happy with the Wii is probably Ubisoft. Just Dance is extremely successful.

Plus the Wii U isn't necessary doing anything too innovative. Mainstream media is more excited about the new iPad than the tablet controller on the Wii U. The media has been trained to expect yearly release of new products. The most successful products out there are yearly releases.(Call of Duty, FIFA, iPad, iPhone...etc)

I think Nintendo needs to focus less on HOW you play, and more on WHAT you play with the Wii U. Gimmicks aren't a selling point anymore.