By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:
9-

Hint- WooHoo! Wa! Yahoo!

You copied my hint! Super Mario 64.

A BIG FAT NOPE! *troll face*

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I never played any mario after Super Mario World Snes save Mario Kart Wii and 3DS.

I never played any Zelda after Majora's Mask.

At night, after playing my Wii for DDR 2... I get drunk and beat my Wii.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
9-

Hint- WooHoo! Wa! Yahoo!

Well...I'm pretty sure it's Mario. Sounds more like Mario Kart 64 then anything. So I vote MK64.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

10. Portal 2 (2011)

Another new arrival to the list is the sequel to an already great game.  Not much regressed in this addition, as I only had a slight preference for the predecessor's story.  The game is much longer and does so without wearing out its welcome.  They managed to keep GLaDOS' murderous personality and add the Wheatley and Cave Johnson characters.  The addition of all the different goo's provides a plethora of puzzle solving options, especially when combined. Sadly, the portal goo can rapidly degenerate into being slung everywhere to try to solve puzzles (although this can be fun). The addition of co-op and extra levels allows for even more play opportunities.  The experience lived up to to everything I could have expected and I'd still be delighted to play more.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

hatmoza said:
9-

Hint- WooHoo! Wa! Yahoo!

The Sims something?

Around the Network

Super Metroid

Set immediately after the events of Metroid II, Super Metroid once again pits intergalactic bounter hunter Samus Aran against the Space Pirates. Whereas previous games in the series had been a little rough around the edges, Super Metroid was about as polished a product as one could find on the SNES. The game features a perfect balance of exploration, action, puzzle-solving, and strategy, all wrapped up in an atmospheric package. Super Metroid has it all: haunting music, a bittersweet story, tight play controls, epic boss fights, perfect pacing, and some of the prettiest 16-bit graphics you will ever see.

Clue for #8:

Unlike Samus, the heroine from my #9 game, there is no mistaking this person for a man. This is her first game.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Clue for #8:

Unlike Samus, the heroine from my #9 game, there is no mistaking this person for a man. This is her first game.

Tomb Raider.

Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Clue for #8:

Tomb Raider.

Bingo. Lara probably couldn't even squeeze into a Power Suit :)

#09 - Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

As guessed by Veknoid.

Final Fantasy VII, like Metal Gear Solid just below it on my list, was hyped to the high heavens in all the Playstation magazines I read, and again it was another game that I felt could never live up to all the hype.  But it did.

I'd actually never played a JRPG before FF VII, it was literally my introduction to the genre.  A genre which fast became my favourite ever (only thing that holds a candle to it is 3D platformers), but all these years of JRPGs and I'm still trying to find something which delivers the same impact VII had on me.

The emotional punch of the game was unlike anything I'd ever seen before.  I cried.  I was 8 and I cried.  I loved the music, I grew attached to the characters, and the game's locations are probably the most memorable I've ever come across.  You won't forget Midgar slums any time soon.  But the game offered so much more.  The world-saving plot was beautifully told and fantastically paced, the combat was enjoyably strategic and fluid and there was tonnes of optional stuff to do outside of the main quest.  I mean, a whole section of the game was filled with an arcade which you could actually play.  My mind was blown.

There's only been one JRPG which has ever bettered FF VII (which I'll get to in due course), but as an introduction to the genre I literally could not have picked a better game.