By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #15:

According to Metacritic this game is the best title on its system, something angry fans would never have expected.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars?

Around the Network
Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #15:

According to Metacritic this game is the best title on its system, something angry fans would never have expected.

Nope :)

Maybe I should change "angry" to "skeptical."

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #15:

Metroid Prime.

Player2 said:
Kresnik said:
Clue for my #15 - Often compared to Metal Gear solid at the time of release, this stealth-action sequel contained very similar setpieces to those that made Uncharted 2 famous (but 9 full years before!).

Syphon Filter 2.

Correct!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #15:

Tony Hawk 2 or 3.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #15:

Metroid Prime.

That's the one!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Metroid Prime.

That's the one!

Were there really some people upset about this? I didn't think anyone doubted the qualtiy of Metroid Prime.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Player2 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Metroid Prime.

That's the one!

Were there really some people upset about this? I didn't think anyone doubted the qualtiy of Metroid Prime.

It was more skepticism and anger before the game came out. Fans were very uneasy about the transition from 2D sidecroller to 3D first-person.

Check out this article from 2001: http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=29

Numbers 1-16 are in the same rank as last year

16. Sonic & Knuckles (w/Sonic 3 attached), Genesis/GC (1994/2002), Sega/Sonic Team

Here is just another Sonic game... until you couple it with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and gain a real, full-length game, with 4 ways to play, all the most memorable stages in one package (Angel Island, Hydrocity, Mushroom Hill, Lava Reef, Flying Battery, Ice Cap), the most sublime Chaos emerald collection game (Blue Sphere) and the ability to not only go Super with the 7 Chaos Emeralds, but to enhance them all and go Hyper. A triumph of color and music, speed and platforming, the top 2D platformer on my list

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Michael-5 said:

Okay, I'm super far behind, but let's play catch up.

50. Maintaining Sanity is just as important as staying alive in this game, which almost never released. However who could blaime the protagonists after what they saw. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem?

46. A precursor to CoD, one of the best online shooting franchises. Day of Defeat?

45. Often Regarded the best game ever made. Ocarina of Time?

43. Often regarded as one of the best games of all time, the main character is an iconic trademark which almost saw exclusivity on an opposing platform. Final Fantasy VII?

42. You only have 3 days left. The World Ends With You?

50. YES

46. Very close

45. YES

43. Nope, when was FFVII ever going to be a Nintendo 64 game?

43. Nope.

Player2 said:
Michael-5 said:

Okay, I'm super far behind, but let's play catch up.

49. One of the first games, by a newly merged company, this was a violent game which involved the slaying of hundreds by sword or dragon. Had multiple endings, all of which are viewable on a single playthrough, each of which getting more bizzare with an ending representing a different outcome. One of the main Villains was actually your best friend who gets corrupt with jealousy over your Dragon and links with his own. Drakengard?

41. This marks the first Major spinoff off a traditional iconic series. Final Fantasy Tactics?

49. Spot on!

41. Nope, but you have the right idea. Bigger franchise.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results