By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How good is Jak & Daxter?

Wagram said:
Playing Jak 3 now. So far based on a little time i'm already enjoying it a lot more then Jak 2.

Jak II was a bit chaotic, and the difficulty curve was all over the place, Jak III improved every single aspect of Jak II, had better controls and was simply bigger and more grand. I like the entire trilogy but Jak II was somewhat without direction in my opinion.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Wagram said:
Playing Jak 3 now. So far based on a little time i'm already enjoying it a lot more then Jak 2.

Jak II was a bit chaotic, and the difficulty curve was all over the place, Jak III improved every single aspect of Jak II, had better controls and was simply bigger and more grand. I like the entire trilogy but Jak II was somewhat without direction in my opinion.

Yeah I felt that it lacked vision. They really didn't know what they wanted the game to be. It was all over the place mimicing other games quite poorly, and it was extremely unbalanced. Jak 3 luckily has vision, and though it is similar to Jak 2. It is a lot more refined, and has vision.

BasilZero said:

Debating whether to get the HD collection on PS3 or get the PS2 versions for cheaper (because I want to get Red Dead Redemption GOTY :/).

The HD Collection is marvelous, I recommend it. 3D Support for whoever cares, (I do XD). 720p & 60 fps too.

The marauders in the desert for Jak 3 can be absolutely annoying when trying to do the stunts. Jesus they just don't leave you alone EVER.

Finished up the collection. Jak 3 is the best in my opinion.

Breakdown:

Jak 1: 8/10

Jak 2: 6/10

Jak 3: 9/10

Collection Overall: 8/10

One thing though: What the hell happened to Keira in Jak 3? She was dead silent, different voice actor, and not the main love interest anymore x.x

Around the Network

Jak II was not bad. Having an open world isn't a bad thing either. I think people just like bitching about it, because Naughty Dog tried something completely new, but they DEVELOPED characters. Characters that have deep, engrossing backgrounds. Something I have yet to see Nintendo do and to a lesser extent Microsoft with Halo.

Jak and Daxter are full fledged characters. The world feels real because everything had/has a place and purpose. Jak II and Jak 3 were designed to build a world and make the environment mean something.