By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How good is Jak & Daxter?

Aldro said:
Repetetive scares me, especially since its like 3 games or something xD.

Fuck it, im getting it at the end of this month. Will have to live on noodles for a month since All Stars also comes out xD

I lived on noodles and bread for months just to buy a PS3 so consider yourselve lucky.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I played the collection last spring. The first one is still one of the best 3D platformers ever made.

The 2nd and 3rd one are completely different with a lot more emphasis on shooting and driving/flying. They are a lot harder too, sometimes to the point of frustration. However this time I stuck with them and finished both. It was definitely worth it in the end.

The collection is worth it's admission price for the first game alone. The other two are a bonus.

Aldro said:
Repetetive scares me, especially since its like 3 games or something xD.

Fuck it, im getting it at the end of this month. Will have to live on noodles for a month since All Stars also comes out xD

The sale only lasts a week though

These discounts will start on Wednesday 7th November once the store update has been completed and will finish on Wednesday 14th November.

Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Was €29.99/£19.99 Now €14.99/£10.99

Thats a great price though i'll be getting a PSN card tomorrow and buying it!

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

I actually just orderd it from a shop. 25€ but I really wanted a physical copy so I figured why not. Thanks everyone. Will hopefully post impressions later.

Three drastically different, but all fun, games.
1 is a pure platformer and very easy but also has a colorful world and is lighthearted and fun all the way through
2 is hard as all hell and darker. I focuses more on gunplay but still has a lot of really hard platforming and is very satisfying to beat in a Demon's Souls sense (only difference is I enjoy playing it)
3 is my personal favorite as it keeps the platforming, but also gives you 2 huge environments (a city and a dessert) to play around in
They all have great mission variety and are a blast. I highly recommend this collection and the Ratchet and Sly ones for pure platforming bliss

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Signature-worthy, so I think it's pretty good :P

Like everyone mentions, J&D is when Naughty Dog really grew into their status as "among the best in the business", in my opinion. Combined the carefree fun of Crash with some more grown up storytelling, beautiful cutscenes and grand scale, etc. etc.

Series wasn't afraid to shake things up either. Chances are you'll find something you like in there. Either the enjoyable collecting of #1, the free roaming mission based #2, or the combined elements of #3. I like them all equally really, though possibly I'd tip 3 off as my favourite.

I love the original, but the sequels were not my cup of tea. The tone, style and everything felt like a step down. Sly Cooper went similar poor path gameplay wise, at least it kept its charm.

I have the collection and sir, this series is sex on a disc. Get it.

4 ≈ One

Yo so.. how long are the games exactly?

I played Jak and Daxter for about 10 minutes and can safely say it is the worstest game ever.