By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has no ethernet port

Roma said:
outlawauron said:
Roma said:
who still uses wires for internet?

Everyone with a desktop?

While not as important before, ethernet is so helpful when playing games online. Eliminates a lot of hassle and ping woes.

I guess a lot of people do that, I use WiFi on mine though

Well, wireless isn't built in on most desktops, so that what's the majority of people use.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I tried to put my dongle in it. It wouldn't fit.....

Seriously though, will the Wii Ethernet dongle be compatible with the Wii U, or are they going to troll and change hardware companies to make some extra $?

outlawauron said:
Roma said:
outlawauron said:
Roma said:
who still uses wires for internet?

Everyone with a desktop?

While not as important before, ethernet is so helpful when playing games online. Eliminates a lot of hassle and ping woes.

I guess a lot of people do that, I use WiFi on mine though

Well, wireless isn't built in on most desktops, so that what's the majority of people use.

yeah I know :) I bought a usb thingy for mine

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

KillerMan said:
As a user of PS3 Media Server: Ethernet >>>>>> Wifi.

As a user of a PC media server: Wifi works just fine.

I always used wired for ps3... using wifi while streaming netflix was a huge ass hassle, especially if my family was connected. and I lagged real bad on big resistance 2 games.

ethernet should be standard in my opinion.

Around the Network

Strange thread. While it's not that big of a deal, many people do prefer wired over wireless. I know I certainly do, especially for anything I use to stream video.

What surprises me are the people who are getting defensive over the criticism. An Ethernet port would likely have cost Nintendo a few cents per console. It should have been included. I don't get why anyone would be upset over people saying this. It's something they should have done for the convenience of the consumer. Including options is never a bad thing.

A large corporation skimping out over including an Ethernet port on their gaming console is just kind of lame.

This thread reminds me of when they announced that the 3DS XL woudn't come with an AC Adapter
People went crazy! Ryuzaki here said people on france would go to the streets burning Japan's flag! Oh the horror!

What happened? It was a sales success (going to surpass both PS3 year to date and Vita's Lifetime sales in one week).
And best yet, the AC Adapter is in amazon.jp top 10 since forever. Good business and who really needs one buy it easily and cheap or even use a third party option (even cheaper)

This is another classic case of "problem that isn't really a problem, and if it really is a problem for you there's an easy and cheap solution". They just should come with a better name for this though, something like "first world problems" or something.

VicViper said:

This thread reminds me of when they announced that the 3DS XL woudn't come with an AC Adapter
People went crazy! Ryuzaki here said people on france would go to the streets burning Japan's flag! Oh the horror!

What happened? It was a sales success (going to surpass both PS3 year to date and Vita's Lifetime sales in one week).
And best yet, the AC Adapter is in amazon.jp top 10 since forever. Good business and who really needs one buy it easily and cheap or even use a third party option (even cheaper)

This is another classic case of "problem that isn't really a problem, and if it really is a problem for you there's an easy and cheap solution". They just should come with a better name for this though, something like "first world problems" or something.

^ This 1000 times

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

I don't consider that to be true, I have 3 MB of internet speed and I played COD, TF2, Monster Hunter and an other bunch of online games using Wifi and I rarely have big issues.

Osed's internet is less laggy than mine.

Good. It's kind of 2012. :P