By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Mr Puggsly said:
dahuman said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Halo 4 is by far the best looking game I've ever seen.

Frankly I don't care if Sony fans agree. I just hope this ends all the debate about PS3 being more powerful.

lol why you trolling man?

I'm not. Now that the 360 has something that looks better than Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3, maybe we won't get beaten over the head with how amazing those games look.

We all know art style =/= system power by now, PS3 does have more power, but it's not a big deal because 343 is a good studio. That's why a game like Mario Galaxy 2 can still look awesome as shit.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Frankly I don't care if Sony fans agree. I just hope this ends all the debate about PS3 being more powerful.

Uh, it still is. That goes without saying.
It's 2012, there is enough information out there that proves it. 

Halo vs Killzone, Forza vs GT....at this point it all comes down to preference. No one can argue that these games are technically stunning and made by amazing and talented developers.

If it is, we're still waiting for it to be demonstrated.

Uncharted 2 and 3. Killzone 3. God of War 3.

These 4 games have demonstrated the power of the PS3 for years now. It took developers 7 years to develop a game that can compete with these PS3 exclusives. And supposedly the Xbox 360 was easier to develop for......how do you explain that?

With that I'm done here. 

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Halo vs Killzone, Forza vs GT....at this point it all comes down to preference. No one can argue that these games are technically stunning and made by amazing and talented developers.

These 4 games have demonstrated the power of the PS3 for years now. It took developers 7 years to develop a game that can compete with these PS3 exclusives. And supposedly the Xbox 360 was easier to develop for......how do you explain that?

With that I'm done here. 

TO be fair Sony has always encouraged its developers to put huge budget engines together that tap the system to the very limits of its power since the beginning of the PS3.

This is the first time ever MS has done that from the ground up.  Put together a team whose whole purpose was to make a bleeding edge engine specifically tailored to all the 360s strenths.  And 343 have had incredible results.  Sony has as well as the games youve mentioned were all gorgeous but were also built from the gound up and tailored to the PS3.  The only other franchise MS has done this with is Forza which just also happens to be beautiful.

The PS3 has a very slight edge on the 360 for sure in most hardware areas but the 360 is better at a few things, such as RAM.  Either way both consoles are so close it really comes down to developers getting the absolute most out of the consoles which is something Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, 343, and Turn 10 have all done an excellent job on.

honestly we already know ps3 is more powerful...so stop with the console wars. what is amazing tho is that games on a supposedly maxed out console can still chern out such amazing graphics still is unbelivable . 343 industries and turn 10  are great devs.

halo does more impressive stuff on bigger scale

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

honestly we already know ps3 is more powerful...so stop with the console wars. what is amazing tho is that games on a supposedly maxed out console can still chern out such amazing graphics still is unbelivable . 343 industries and turn 10  are great devs.

john carmack said both console pretty much equal in power and developers are bigger factor

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

With that I'm done here. 

The 360 already had games at par with the best looking PS3 games. Gears of War 3, Forza 4, and Halo Reach are examples. Halo 4 just surpassed anything PS3 has to offer.

The 360 is easier to develop for. Refer to Skyrim.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Yeah im Thinking Halo 4 > any thing on PS3. It's so clean too. Uncharted 3 had terrible AA.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

So I found out that games look amazing on a small computer monitor. Seriously on a 19 inch monitor Halo 4 looks better than anything else out there (and it wasn't even in HD). Can't wait to play other games to see how good they look on that monitor! Screw big HDTV's lol (which is kind of ironic since I recently bought a 46 inch HDTV)

yo_john117 said:
So I found out that games look amazing on a small computer monitor. Seriously on a 19 inch monitor Halo 4 looks better than anything else out there (and it wasn't even in HD). Can't wait to play other games to see how good they look on that monitor! Screw big HDTV's lol (which is kind of ironic since I recently bought a 46 inch HDTV)

I also found out that the World isnt flat.