By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Wii U Summary Released by NoA

Nintendo Direct Wii U Summary Released by NoA

Posted Wed, 07 Nov 2012 | 15:30 GMT by Thomas Whitehead

We sure did, Iwata-san

WaraWara Plaza and Wii U Chat prominent

With this morning's Nintendo Direct broadcast, there was a lot to digest, translate and understand about Miiverse and other Wii U system details. Nintendo of America has kindly put together a short summary video to highlight the key features, and provide a slightly more detailed look at the console's UI (user interface).

Hosted by Bill Trinan, this video focuses on WaraWara Plaza and Wii U chat, with updated footage of the former to give a better idea of how it'll look in English. Some footage is recycled with Trinen narrating, including a look at the 3DS-style menu that will be on the GamePad when the system is turned on, though the menu and WaraWara Plaza can be switched between screens. This video doesn't cover the in-game Miiverse functionality, but it's possible that Nintendo of America will film all-new footage to show that side of the system.

We've summarised most of the important information on the site already, but check out the video below and let us know what you think.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/nintendo_direct_wii_u_summary_released_by_noa

Around the Network

WaraWara Plaza looks good!
Unfortunately, to me OS looks simple and too 3DS-ish. I was expecting something in line more with the Wii than the 3DS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nice video!

And Reggie chatting with Iwata in japanese will go down the History books.

Oh my! I can't wait to video chat with D21!

Wait don't you have to download Miiverse?

Around the Network

awesome, the videochat feature is great and i love the 3ds interface so that is a plus for me.

34 years playing games.

Pretty neat! Reggie talking Japanese is priceless!

WiiU is gonna rock so hard!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

looks great on all fronts...Miiverse looks like it really has potential ^.^

Nice little recap! Still bursting in laughter about Reggie trying to speak japanese with that accent... lol

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!