By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Even when you lose an election.

Even when the person you want to win losses in an electon you can only feel happy for the winner and apericate the greatest country in the world. Congrats to Obama and his supporters.

Around the Network

Hopefully Congress will actually do better this time and avoid gridlock. I don't think they can agree on ways to balance the budget and I have a feeling that the "fiscal cliff" will come to be with automatic cuts. People like to bitch about moochers/people dependent on social programs such as food stamps, unemployment, etc. However, Military, Medicare/Medicaid, and Social Security are the top 3 that need to be looked at on how to cut effectively. Everything else is almost trivial.

I only lost because I didn't realize I was on the ballot, so I never campaigned. Fuck my opponent, whoever he was.

badgenome said:
I only lost because I didn't realize I was on the ballot, so I never campaigned. Fuck my opponent, whoever he was.

You'll get them next time.

Badgenome 2016.

CChaos said:
badgenome said:

You'll get them next time.

Badgenome 2016.

Nope. The people have made their bed, now let them lie in it. My filthy opponent is going to be the terrible Water Commissioner they deserve. He will regularly masturbate into the water supply, and everyone will unknowingly drink his jizz. Instead of mine.

Around the Network
Izo said:

Even when the person you want to win losses in an electon you can only feel happy for the winner and apericate the greatest country in the world. Congrats to Obama and his supporters.

True that bolded part, but I still don't agree with Obama's policies. I'll treat him with the respect he deserves as my president and nothing more.

As a neutral, outside observer, I can honestly say that Obama winning was the best thing that could have happened to the US. Not because of his policies, but because this will now force the Republican party into serious introspection that was desperately needed.

Then, in four years time, maybe they will have come to grips with who they actually are, instead of infighting and clouding what the party actually wants to represent.

JoeTheBro said:
Izo said:

True that bolded part, but I still don't agree with Obama's policies. I'll treat him with the respect he deserves as my president and nothing more.

Nah, the UK is the greatest country in the world.

CChaos said:
As a neutral, outside observer, I can honestly say that Obama winning was the best thing that could have happened to the US. Not because of his policies, but because this will now force the Republican party into serious introspection that was desperately needed.

Then, in four years time, maybe they will have come to grips with who they actually are, instead of infighting and clouding what the party actually wants to represent.

This. I'd love to see a Republican Party that can drop the socially conservative views of the minority, soften their absolute demands for tax cuts, and argue for genuinely less wasteful spending and less government interference in private lives.

Why would you say this for an election? It's not a game, you know. There's no such thing as being a good sport. If the other side wins, it means more deaths, more rights abused and just everything important to you going wrong. Should you not take it seriously? If you actually believe that your party would've done a better job handling just about everything important that's at stake, then you ought to be extremely displeased that the other side won. "Handling it with grace" is really just a silly thing to do and trivializes the significance of this.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx