By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita now selling fairly good in Europe

VicViper said:

At least until September it was Vita's worst region.

Almost since launch, PSP has been selling better than Vita... yet, checking here, that does not happen at all in VG Charts numbers. In fact, if this graph is to be believed (and at least to me it should, since it's the most professional tracking available for europe), then VGCharts tracking for Vita and PSP is all wrong - as Vita never sold less than PSP in europe since april by VGC numbers (and it was by such a small number...)

Someone needs to count those pixels. Looks dire to me. It shows that the hardcore audience is fickle, they've probably moved on to drinking whisky or some other hardcover activity.

Around the Network

Yeah I see there ads all over youtube aswell.

From the amount of ads I'm seeing, they're probably spending more on advertising than anything they're getting back from Vita sales at the moment.

Paul said:

Someone needs to count those pixels. Looks dire to me. It shows that the hardcore audience is fickle, they've probably moved on to drinking whisky or some other hardcover activity.

You seem to have a strong animosty towards the supposed "hardcore". Do you not like it as a concept or are you just being obtuse? As a core gamer myself, I take offense to comments isolating me to a stereotype of children-hating drunks.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Paul said:

You seem to have a strong animosty towards the supposed "hardcore". Do you not like it as a concept or are you just being obtuse? As a core gamer myself, I take offense to comments isolating me to a stereotype of children-hating drunks.

I'm not saying that all hardcore gamers hate children and work hoes. Just like not all nintendo fans are retarded children and the mothers who drive them to soccer. Take rol for example, he seems to not be retarded and is probably at least in his early 20s.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chark said:
Paul said:

Personally, I like Paul's posts, because he is returning all the dismissive statements we've heard over the last years in regards to Nintendo hardware and software. Perhaps it helps some people to see how disgusting stereotyping can be when they are on the receiving side.

Amen!

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

Paul said:
VicViper said:

At least until September it was Vita's worst region.

Almost since launch, PSP has been selling better than Vita... yet, checking here, that does not happen at all in VG Charts numbers. In fact, if this graph is to be believed (and at least to me it should, since it's the most professional tracking available for europe), then VGCharts tracking for Vita and PSP is all wrong - as Vita never sold less than PSP in europe since april by VGC numbers (and it was by such a small number...)

it seems to be selling in almost in line with the DS which we have selling half of what the vita does in Europe now.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nem said:

Sony has PSVITA ads all over the champions league. It makes sense that it would affect the sales a bit. Still, its pretty dire though.

Hey, that's where I always see them too.

RolStoppable said:
Chark said:
Paul said:

Personally, I like Paul's posts, because he is returning all the dismissive statements we've heard over the last years in regards to Nintendo hardware and software. Perhaps it helps some people to see how disgusting stereotyping can be when they are on the receiving side.

I don't buy that revenge motive stuff. Eye for an eye leaves one guy with one eye and then he won't be able to play 3D games. It's a cruel future this behavior brings.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Europe likes Sony branded products in general don't they? PS3 also sells best there.