By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita now selling fairly good in Europe

Chark said:
happydolphin said:
Chark said:

I don't buy that revenge motive stuff. Eye for an eye leaves one guy with one eye and then he won't be able to play 3D games. It's a cruel future this behavior brings.

You must've missed this thread then => http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149524&page=1#

Honestly, I know what you mean. BUT, if you want that, you have to also admit that non-Nintendo fans, especially Sony fans, have abused of stereotypes to shame Nintendo buyers with all kinds of needless terms. What Paul is doing is nothing compared to what Nintendo fans received.

This is probably the worst aspect to come out of such discussion. Thinknig like this expressed by you and others is a justification, but what people like Paul are doing is breeding more of the same. The trespasses of the past are no longer relevant and people shouldn't be attempting to blindly stab the wind in retaliation years down the road. It is an utter lack of justice to assume it serves a purpose. Memories can be exaggerated and emotions can amplify them. Actions like you describe attempt to punish everyone instead of dealing with things on a case by case. Imagine if you were charged for a crime your brother committed after he fled the country, or served a sentance your late grandfather had.

All this does is give groups a bad name. If targeted at Sony, than some perceive Sony as such, but at the same time spoken by Nintendo gives Nintendo a bad name. In return others might use it as justification to retaliate in their own way down the road and it just perpetuates a system of emotional backlash, void of intellection discourse, and severing concepts of decency among us.

I'm sorry if my extreme stereotyping of the hardcore gamer has offended you or hurt your feelings. I always assumed that hardcore gamers had divorced themselves from human emotion through hours and hours of graphically advanced extreme violence and kicking puppy dogs. I will try to watch what I type in the future to ensure that I don't offend other hardcore gamers. Adolescense can be a difficult emotional time.