By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita now selling fairly good in Europe

For the last 5 weeks sales have been almost double that of other regions, ranging between 18k-21k. Its significant that it isn't just one decent week but a maintained pattern. Expect november to bring a even larger/maintained sales numbers with titles like AC:Liberation for the week just gone, COD for next week and PS:Battle Royale for the week begining 20th. Add to that PS+ and I could easily see them finally selling healthy numbers in europe on a weekly basis (40k)

I think one reason why Europe has seen this increases whilst America hasn't is because we recieve far better advertising. Their have been a new tv spot showcasing LBP, Uncharted and Fifa but Its hard to find on the internet. But its staright forward and all about the games and system, whereas tthe US recieves more convoluted adverts. Check out the european TV SPOT for AC:Liberation and compare it to the American one. Again our one is straight to the point, showcasing the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QZynRqH5fI

(sorry I'm too stupid to embed the vid)

Around the Network

There has been a lot of advertising, and I'm sure it's helped sales. But I don't trust VGC's numbers. If I'm right, Sony's numbers suggest that it shipped 2.8mil Vita's up until September at best, yet the site has it at 3.1mil come the end of October. So it's about 500k overtracked I would suggest, and a lot of that would come from Europe...

...but it doesn't necessarily discount your point that it's doing better over here than it is in over areas. It would be nice tosee the Vita doing at least "meh" numbers every now and again...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

shipped and sold are very different things

Even if the numbers are accurate, how is 20k a week "fairly good"?

Why no one mentions Smart As, I don't understand...

It is Brain Age quality, could be just as popular and successful. It is in my opinion one of the absolute best games on any handheld device I have ever had the good fortune to play and enjoy. I have been playing it everyday for 30-60 minutes since I got it and am actually considering getting a second PS-Vita because the one flaw with the game is that it only has one profile and my Wife also wants to play it (with her own profile).

Both my 4-year old daughters also enjoy playing some of the games on it in the Free Play mode.

Like I said, Brain Age quality. Expose it to parents and they will get it for their kids, and then while showing their kids how to play, they will start playing themselves.

Around the Network

advertising always helps right,but still a long way to go for the vita

smart as sounds good,it really needs a game that comes out of nowhere

Above & Beyond

cusman said:

Why no one mentions Smart As, I don't understand...

It is Brain Age quality, could be just as popular and successful. It is in my opinion one of the absolute best games on any handheld device I have ever had the good fortune to play and enjoy. I have been playing it everyday for 30-60 minutes since I got it and am actually considering getting a second PS-Vita because the one flaw with the game is that it only has one profile and my Wife also wants to play it (with her own profile).

Both my 4-year old daughters also enjoy playing some of the games on it in the Free Play mode.

Like I said, Brain Age quality. Expose it to parents and they will get it for their kids, and then while showing their kids how to play, they will start playing themselves.

Because soccer moms, the elderly and little babies play nintendo systems. The vita is aimed at the demographic which strongly resents the former three demographics. Vita is hardcore, Smart As is not.

At least until September it was Vita's worst region.

Almost since launch, PSP has been selling better than Vita... yet, checking here, that does not happen at all in VG Charts numbers. In fact, if this graph is to be believed (and at least to me it should, since it's the most professional tracking available for europe), then VGCharts tracking for Vita and PSP is all wrong - as Vita never sold less than PSP in europe since april by VGC numbers (and it was by such a small number...)

Sony has PSVITA ads all over the champions league. It makes sense that it would affect the sales a bit. Still, its pretty dire though.

i am pro sony all the way, but this vita is starting to look like a mistake, $100 for a 32gig memory card????